Gboard is the keyboard from Google for your iPhone, packed with features to make typing effortless. On top of GIFs, emoji search and Glide Typing, the power of Google is at your fingertips with Google Search built in. Forget switching from app to app – just search and send, all from one place.
GIFs – Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search – Find the perfect emoji, faster
Stickers – Create or share stickers to express yourself
Glide Typing – Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else which you’d search for on Google
Gboard for iPhone and iPad supports the following languages:
• Portuguese (Brazil)
• Portuguese ( Portugal)
• Simplified Chinese
• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
• Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
We know the things that you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so that you can easily share. None of these queries is sent to Google.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good keyboard but unstable
Prefer this keyboard over Apple one. It has better word recommendations and offers more options.
In some situations it is not possible to use this keyboard but only Apple one is offered. It doesn't bother me much because for most of other situations (writing messages, notes, emails ...) it is ok.
What does bother me actually (and a lot) is that quite regularly there are time periods (couple of days, weeks, depends ...) when the keyboard constantly fails and randomly switches back to Apple one. That is very annoying. Happened many times to me and is such a shame. Could be 5 stars worthy keyboard.
It drives me crazy nearly every time I use it
This is my favorite keyboard. It looks great and has a swipe opinion which I can't live without. But it's really messed up as well. Lately it keeps disappearing from the keyboard settings and I'm stuck when I need do quicky write something and I struggle with the regular slow keyboard I'm not used to.
But the main thing driving me nuts every day is that it changes my words constantly. I sometimes even type them letter by letter but then it changes into something else after I add another word behind it. Most of the time I don't notice it because I'm busy thinking about the rest of my message. Plus I know what I wrote and trust that it's there but then I end up sending of nonsense and have to keep apologizing and explaining what I meant. Why does it do that?? Why "fix" a word that the writer was happy with already?
App good - but has some big bugs
+ The dictionary is very rich and unrivaled. But it's all.
- Some bugs with multiple languages. I can't write the Czech word "ani" when I have set the Czech + English (UK) language. This bug was fixed by deleting the second (English) language. But that's not the right solution!
- Word suggestions are small.
- Optimization, appearance, themes, comfort and functions has a much better SwiftKey > where I switched back. GBoard looks as if it's still a beta test.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Google LLC
- 92.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zulu
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Google, Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.