Kahoot! Poio Read makes it possible for kids to learn to read on their own.
This award-winning learning app has taught over 100,000 children how to read by giving them the phonics training they need to recognise letters and their sounds, so that they can read new words.
**REQUIRES A SUBSCRIPTION**
Access to the contents and functionality of this app requires a subscription to Kahoot!+ Family. The subscription starts with a 7 day free trial and can be cancelled at any time before the end of the trial.
The Kahoot!+ Family subscription gives your family access to premium Kahoot! features and 3 award-winning learning apps for math and reading.
HOW THE GAME WORKS
Kahoot! Poio Read takes your child on an adventure where they have to master phonics to save the Readlings.
Letters and their corresponding sounds are gradually introduced as your child explores the world, and your child will use these sounds to read bigger and bigger words. The game will adapt to the child's level and every word they master will be added to a fairy-tale story, so that the child feels like they are writing the story themselves.
The goal is for your child to be able to show of their newfound skills by reading the story to you, their siblings or impressed grandparents.
“She astounded us with being able to read the story”
— Grandmother to Ann (3)
«With Poio, my sons now nag to practise reading»
— dad to Noah (4) and James (6).
«Unlike other apps we had used before, Poio showed the user letter and sounds in a wide variety of different formats – as letters, words and in sentences and within multiple different scenarios in the game.»
— Victoria Galligan, QA Education Magazine
THE POIO METHOD
Kahoot! Poio Read is a unique approach to phonics teaching, where children are in charge of their own learning journey.
1. Kahoot! Poio Read is a game designed to engage your child through play and ignite their curiosity for reading.
2. The game continuously adapts to each child's level of skill, providing a sense of mastery and keeping the child motivated.
3. Keep track of your child’s achievements with our email reports, and get advice on how to initiate a positive dialogue to reinforce learning.
4. The goal is for your child to read the story book to you, their siblings or impressed grandparents.
THE GAME ELEMENTS
#1 THE FAIRY TALE BOOK
Inside the game there is a book. It’s empty when your child starts playing. However, as the game unfolds, it will fill up with words and unravel the mysteries of the fantasy world.
#2 THE READLINGS
Readlings are cute bugs who eat alphabet letters. They are very picky about what they like, and have different personalities. The child controls them all!
#3 A TROLL
Poio, the main character of the game, catches the cute Readlings. He needs their help to read the book he has stolen from them. As they collected words at each level, children will spell them out in order to read the book.
#4 STRAW ISLAND
The troll and the Readlings live on an island, in the forest, a desert valley and a winter land. The goal of each straw-level is to eat as many vowels as possible and find a new word for the book. A sub goal is to rescue all the trapped Readlings. To unlock the cages where the Readings are trapped, we give children phonic tasks to practice letter sounds and spelling.
For every Reading they rescue, children are rewarded with the opportunity to enter a special “house”. This gives them a break from the intense phonetics training. Here, they can use the gold coins they collect to furnish and decorate the house, while playing with the subjects and verbs of everyday objects.
#6 COLLECTABLE CARDS
The cards encourage children to find new things and to practice more. The board of cards also serves as a playful instruction menu for the elements in the game.
Terms and Conditions: https://kahoot.com/terms-and-conditions/
Hot off the press in the latest update:
- Whether you’d like to purchase Kahoot! Numbers by DragonBox as a standalone app or enjoy a Kahoot!+ Family subscription - the choice is yours! Select the option that suits your needs best.
- Our brand new hub will help you easily access all learning apps included in your Kahoot!+ Family subscription and discover engaging games.
- Account creation is now optional. Sign-up for a Kahoot!+ Family account to get access to a 7-day free trial, all our learning apps, premium Kahoot! features, the possibility to create multiple profiles, and play games on all supported devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kahoot AS
- 780.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6 to 8
- © 2020 Kahoot AS
- In-App Purchases
- Kahoot Plus for Family Annual 1 690,00 Kč
- Kahoot Plus for Family Monthly 279,00 Kč
- One-time Purchase 499,00 Kč
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.