Facilitating Indigenous self-determination in research, education and stewardship, SIKU is a mobile app and web platform by and for Inuit which provides tools and services for ice safety, weather forecasting, language preservation and knowledge transfer.
As the only social media platform putting Indigenous rights first, SIKU is a safe space for sharing and mobilizing Indigenous knowledge.
SIKU helps document the data that has always formed the basis for Indigenous knowledge and mobilize it for use in community-based monitoring, Guardians Programs and self-determination in research, education and environmental stewardship.
3. Intellectual Property
No one can use your data without permission. Intellectual property ownership is maintained through an informed data stewardship framework.
- Removed Airplane mode message from posts.
- Added "Location Radius" to Stewardship & Privacy Panel
- Added Goose Watch Map
- Changed the Low Power Mode message
- Required 6 character password
- Fixed Social Post Trip Link
- Fixed to upload UI of profile and settings when receiving new data.\n
- Refactored mobile sync with the backend.
- Arctic Eider Society, The
- 159 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Arctic Eider Society
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.