AntiRSI is a program for Mac OS X that helps prevent RSI (repetitive strain injury) and other computer related stress. It does so by forcing you to take regular breaks, yet without getting in the way. It also detects natural breaks so it won't force too many breaks on you.
ADDS MANY REQUESTED FEATURES
This is an evolved version from the still free 2.1 version (available here: http://tech.inhelsinki.nl/antirsi/).
* AntiRSI can be removed from the Dock and appear in the menu bar.
* Break windows appear on all connected displays.
* Larger break window, screens are no longer 17 inch.
* Possibility to disable micro pause or work breaks.
* Improved compatibility with media players.
* A natural break window (experimental). Helps with reading a lot from the the computer screen. (Feedback appreciated.)
AntiRSI is a reminder tool that can be helpful, but it is not a medical device. If you experience problems, please consult a doctor.
* new icon
* fix launch issues for some people
Bewertungen und RezensionenAlle anzeigen
More confusing than helpful
Due to the 5-star evaluations here in the app store I was convinced to get a premium app at that price.
Yet I was deceived and have some critics, resp. feedback for optimisation:
- the description of the indicators that the app shows (inner and outer circle in dock icon and menu icon) is not spontaneously clear (description missing)
- the usage of the indicators (colours, circle length) is more confusing than helpful (e.g. if you don’t move the mouse/touchpad for some seconds the app considers this as a ‚natural break‘ - which is not correct, as it is not really a break: your eyes and brain are still working. This could be much simpler, clearer and helpful
- the micro pauses don’t pop up in a ‚logical‘ flow: same problem as with the indicator of the icon in dock: once you move the mouse the pause is postponed - no button to change/influence this
- there is no option to add a digital time indicator to the menu bar icon (which is a common standard for such apps).
+ the support/feedback is quick and informative
+ nice idea. Hope, there will be an update for this app soon - as the idea of an animated icon in the dock is nice and ‚unique‘ - that’ s why I decided to chose this app
- yet: the current version makes few sense/help in usage (you concentrate more on the changing unlogic colours than on your work - or: pause.
Very, very nice
This app is quite clever. The concept of mini pauses and larger pauses is good. The very good thing of this app is that it logs your activity and adapts the pause requirements accordingly. This so much better than all this useless, fixed-interval Pomodoro stuff!
It’s very generous by the author that he’s still offering the previous version —which still works perfectly— for free.
Also many thanks for the option to turn off the menu bar icon! My menu bar is already more than overcrowded…
Für mich das beste Programm seiner Art
Nachdem ich alle Programme dieser Art, die ich finden konnte, ausprobiert hatte, bin ich bei AntiRSI geblieben. Einfach, mit den nötigen Einstellungsmöglichkeiten, aber nicht überladen.
Wenn man sich an die Vorgaben hält, schafft AntiRSI ein wesentlich ermüdungsfreieres Arbeiten.
Ich nutze die freie Version schon seit Jahren; eigentlich reicht mir diese auch. Die 4,99 Euro sind ein Dankeschön von meiner Seite an den Entwickler :)
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.