Ferrite is the award-winning app you need for creating podcasts, radio journalism, or other professional voice production work — lectures, speeches, voiceovers and more.
It combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio. Powerful tools like effects and automation are available when you need them. With its time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, people around the world are switching to Ferrite.
— Streamlined Recording —
Open Ferrite and with just one tap you’re recording. No fuss, and it won't break a sweat even with hours-long sessions. Just make sure your device has enough free space!
Recording an interview and you want to highlight a few quotes? Have to take out some inappropriate language? Or just fluffed a sentence and need to fix it? Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them.
Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones. Tag your audio to find it quickly later. And of course you can import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox.
Please note: the free version has limited duration for recording & editing projects. Upgrade to Pro and you can edit projects up to 24 hours long!
— Editing is a Snip —
Ferrite features full multi-track editing, from quick cuts, to producing a complete podcast or broadcast package. Zoom out to see hours at a glance, or zoom in all the way down to individual samples.
Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: move, crop, slice, fade in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them. You have full control over each track’s volume and panning, and can Mute or Solo as needed.
And best of all, you needn’t fear trying out changes: Ferrite has great Undo/Redo — even if you quit the app and come back a month later, you can still undo all the way back to the moment you created your project!
— Advanced Features —
Need more? Ferrite also includes:
• Automatic ducking: set tracks to “duck under” others (e.g. ducking music behind voiceovers).
• Strip Silence: Carves away all the silent sections from a recording, making it easy to edit the remaining audio.
• (iPad only) Split View and Slide Over support: Use Ferrite side-by-side with other apps. Recording a narration? Open another app with your script and place Ferrite down the side of the screen. Or open the User Guide in Safari on one side while you learn Ferrite on the other.
With a single In-App Purchase, you can unlock many additional tools, including:
• Record up to 8 channels at once (with iOS 13 and compatible audio interface)
• Prepare your audio for production with Noise Reduction and Auto Levelling.
• Add professional effects to your tracks such as EQ, Noise Gate and Dynamic Range Compression, for projects that sound clean and engaging.
• Automate volume, panning and effects settings so they vary over time, both on individual tracks and the final mix.
• Tighten Audio can automatically take out awkward pauses and gaps.
• Producing a podcast or series? Create a template to get each new episode off to a flying start.
• Found the perfect settings for an effect or tool? Save them as a Preset for re-use in other projects.
• Audio Unit Extensions: if you have other apps installed that provide effects as Audio Unit Extensions, they’ll show up in Ferrite, where you can add them to tracks or projects.
Note: Split View and Slide Over require a recent iPad. Please see our support pages for more details on compatibility. Maximum number of tracks available depends on the speed of your device.
• Enhanced for iOS 14/iPad OS 14
• Various performance, user-experience & reliability improvements
Note: Ferrite 2.6 continues to work with iOS/iPad OS 13, but new features require iOS 14/iPad OS 14 or later.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Konkurrenzlose App mit tollem Support
Die App hat alles was man braucht um unterwegs Audio aufzunehmen und zu schneiden. Als Podcaster mit minimalem Setup sehr zu Empfehlen. Auf dem iPad Pro ist das schneiden und editieren mit dem Apple Pencil so gut gelöst, dass das alleine einen Kauf der Pro Version gerechtfertigt. Das kann aktuell keiner bieten.
Der Support reagiert bei Fragen sehr schnell! Die App wird regelmäßig auf den neusten Stand gebracht. Weiter so!
Kleiner Wunsch: mich würde sehr ein kleines UI refresh freuen. Die Elemente wirken etwas old school.
Schöne, zuverlässige und gute App fürs Sound Editing
Macht problemlos, was sie soll, besitzt eine angenehme Oberfläche und ein schönes Design, der Support antwortet bei Fragen superschnell, es gibt diverse Einstellungsoptionen und zudem eine regelmäßige Produktpflege: also 5 Sterne ! Diese App ist ihr Geld wert.
Top App mit Shure MV88 kompatibel
Nutze es mit Shure MV88 ohne Probleme. Habe mir die Vollversion gekauft und bin absolut zufrieden. Auch die Rauschentfernung etc. Ist top.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wooji Juice Ltd
- 19.3 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2020 Wooji Juice
- In-App Purchases
- Ferrite 2 Pro 32,99 €
- Ferrite 2 Pro 16,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.