GeneticCode is a handy reference tool for students and researches. The application visualizes standard genetic code as well as provides information about 20 amino acids and their abbreviations.
The codon table is represented in four different ways:
* Codon Picker -- allows you to select a particular codon to see the name and structure of the corresponding amino acid. You can see amino acid properties by clicking on the amino acid structure.
* Codon Table -- table representation of the codon table
* Codon Circle -- circular representation of the codon table (a little bit unusual, but pretty)
* Codon Alignment -- contains additional information about initiation (start) codons
Following information about each amino acid is provided:
* Chemical structure
* Three letter and one letter abbreviations
* All codons that encode the amino acid
* Side chain charge (neutral, positive, negative)
* pH (acidic or basic)
* Chemical formula of the side chain
* Aromatic or aliphatic
* Molecular weight (MW)
* Isoelectric Point (pI)
* pK1 (-COOH)
* pK2 (+NH3)
* reference to Wikipedia
"Amino Acid and Nucleotide Codes" reference tool contains 26 amino acid and 16 nucleotide codes (abbreviations). This includes the following non-standard/degenerate codes:
R Purine (A or G)
Y Pyrimidine (C or T)
N Any nucleotide
W Weak (A or T)
S Strong (G or C)
M Amino (A or C)
K Keto (G or T)
B Not A (G or C or T)
H Not G (A or C or T)
D Not C (A or G or T)
V Not T (A or G or C)
Asx B Asn or Asp
Glx Z Gln or Glu
Xle J Leu or Ile
Sec U Selenocysteine (UGA)
Pyl O Pyrrolysine (UAG)
Unk X Unknown
Amino Acid Venn Diagram shows classification of all amino acids by physical/chemical properties on a single picture.
* the app was updated to handle larger screen sizes
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
good job vanya!
actually i don't know what this app is exactly for, but it works! respect and many greetings to atl and sydney, or wherever you just are!
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.