Geneva is a flexible group chat app designed for organized, ongoing conversations with all your favorite people. Join or create a Home for your group and set up chat, post, audio, and/or video rooms for specific topics.
Whether you're aimlessly hanging with best friends, keeping your club members on the same page, building a brand, or sharing opinions with peers across the country — there’s a place for everyone here.
Here are a few of the highlights:
HOMES & ROOMS
Set up a "Home" for your group, then create "rooms" inside it for different topics or sub-groups. Because everyone can adjust their notification settings for each room, people can tune into the conversations they care about and tune out the rest. There are 4 different kinds of rooms you can use...
- Create text-based rooms to send messages, pics & videos, files, and GIFs
- React with your favorite emoji
- Run polls with the option to allow anonymity
- Create events to get quick RSVPs without all the back and forth
- @ mention individuals or @room to get people's attention
- Reply to a message to start a thread
- Pin important messages to a room so people can find them later
- Edit or delete messages
These are a bit more organized than chat room and great for announcements and longer-form discussion. Members of the group can upvote and comment, and everyone can sort posts by most recent, most upvotes, or most commented-on.
If you'd rather talk than type and read, you can create an audio room in your Home and jump in with a tap whenever the mood strikes. Think of it like a big group phone call, but way easier.
Want to see everyone's beautiful faces? Hop in a video room and hang out with up to 16 people at once.
Because sometimes you just want to start a private side convo.
NO ADS & NO SELLING YOUR DATA
Ever. Instead, our business model will be transaction-based and better aligned with our users interests. We have a bunch of exciting features in the works that'll make it really easy for Geneva users to buy and sell things to one another (more info coming soon).
Because everyone signs up with a phone number, not an email address, blocks and bans are easier to enforce so there’s less room for trolling and abuse (but don't worry, we won't share or display your phone number anywhere). We also give you the ability to set your Home's rules and tools to help you enforce them.
DESIGNED FOR EVERYONE
Geneva is great for all kinds of social groups: friends & families, college clubs, sports teams, movements, fraternities and sororities, local neighborhoods, professional networks, travel crews, brand communities, interest groups, and more...
And this is just the beginning:
We're working together to build something that's fun, safe and useful, and we'll be adding new features all the time. If you have suggestions, questions, or feedback, drop us a note at email@example.com.
Made with love in New York City and beyond.
You can now discover public Homes that your friends are in. If you choose to sync your contacts with Geneva, you can tap the new Discover icon in your side menu to find new Homes you might want to join. As the owner of a Home, you can decide if you want it to be public (anyone can discover it and join), private (people can discover it but need to request to join), or secret (totally off the grid). To protect everyone’s privacy, all Homes created previously will default to “not discoverable” and on a personal level, if you don’t want anyone to see the Homes you’re part of, you can turn the ‘Allow contacts to discover me’ toggle off in your account settings.
Other updates with this release:
• You can now access our Help Center from your account settings
• We improved link previews all around and made them more reliable (before, they’d sometimes appear but then disappear later on).
• Links shared on Geneva will now first try to open in native apps (e.g. Instagram, Spotify) instead of in the web browser
• Improvements to video room reliability and performance
• The owner of a home and anyone with the ability to Delete Messages can now delete an event created by someone else.
• We fixed a bunch of bugs including one that would sometimes prevent you from being able to search for someone in a room’s member list, one where homeowners were sometimes getting push-notifications that "someone requested to join" even when Notifications were turned off, and one where the message view would jump to a more recent message after a you'd closed and re-opened the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Geneva Technologies, Inc.
- 158 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Geneva Technologies, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.