Scheme programming environment.
LispPad is a simple, lightweight, integrated development environment for developing and running Scheme code. The language supported by LispPad is based on the R7RS standard of the Scheme programming language. LispPad provides the following components:
• A fully integrated Scheme interpreter
• A console with a read-eval-print loop to interact with the interpreter
• A text editor for writing Scheme code, supporting syntax highlighting, smart indentation, parenthesis matching, text completion, page guides, etc.
The Scheme dialect supported by LispPad provides the following features:
• R7RS-compliant libraries
• Hygienic macros based on syntax-rules
• First-class environments
• call/cc, dynamic-wind and exceptions
• Dynamically-scoped parameters
• Multiple return values
• Delayed execution via promises and streams
• Support for the full numerical tower consisting of arbitrary size integers, rationals, real numbers, and inexact complex numbers.
• Unicode strings and characters
• Vectors and bytevectors
• Text and binary ports
• R7RS-compliant records
• R6RS-compliant hashtables
• R6RS-compliant enumerations
• All R7RS libraries
LispPad focuses on simplicity and ease of use. A number of standard Scheme libraries are built into LispPad to facilitate porting existing Scheme code.
• Complete revamp of user interface optimized for macOS Big Sur
• Introduced key equivalents for session and editor windows
• Rewrote line number display; allow selection of line ranges
• Introduced feature to automatically indent Scheme code
• Updated and extended documentation (accessible via "Help > LispPad Help" and "Help > LispPad Library Reference")
• Included new libraries: (srfi 9), (srfi 180), (srfi 209), (srfi 210)
• Extended library (lispkit log) with syntax log-time
• Extended library (lispkit debug) with syntax time-values
• Extended library (lispkit math) with procedures fxodd?, fxeven?, fx-width, fx-greatest, and fx-least in library (lispkit math); generalized procedure number->string
• Included new documentation for library (lispkit debug)
• Included new sample code: DrawTrees.scm, DisplayTrees.scm, and EditDistance.scm
• Fixed several editor-related bugs
• Fixed crash of virtual machine when execution gets aborted while loading and executing a file
• Minor bug fixes in LispKit libraries
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Matthias Zenger
- 42.9 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017–2020 Matthias Zenger
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.