mJournal is a note taking application for Mac OS X with an unique usage experience and a focus on simplicity, security and syncing.
- Secure, all your notes are stored encrypted (AES-256)
- Sync safe, mJournal works with all the usual sync services (syncthing, BTSync, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, etc.).
- Clean and distraction free interface.
- To keep the mJournal experience simple articles are only structured by tags.
- Unique article view which combines regular articles, favorites, search results, archive and trash.
- Keyboard and/or mouse navigation.
- Customisable format bar with favorite colors and fonts for powerful but simple text formatting.
- Articles can be locked to prevent accidental changes.
- Articles can be archived. Archived articles are normally invisible but can be accessed if needed again.
- Checkboxes, separators and timestamps.
- Builtin Calculator.
- Manual or automatic article versions.
- bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Nice lightweight app for your journal!
I was looking for a tiny, lightweight app when I decided to start writing a daily journal again. And that’s exactly what mJournal is. It only needs minor disk space, it’s working fast, the design is pretty though simple and you can customize everything necessary, e.g. fonts, colors, margins etc. And although I am using Time Machine, I love the automatical snapshot feature. Because of this, I rate mJournal with 5 stars and Michael Wesemann can be sure, I gonna buy the pro version as soon as I have reloaded my gift card balance here on the shop :-)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.