Monal allows you to connect to your chat server without having to give a third party access to your password or messages. Whether it is a personal Google talk account or a corporate chat server, it is important not to give someone access to sensitive information. This app has no ads, no user behavior tracking and all messages are exchanged directly with the XMPP chat server.
- Open Source
- No Ads! Strong focus on privacy. Does not phone home and does not have "metrics" software beyond anonymous crash reporting (crashlytics). Does not read any personal information.
- A direct client that does not transmit your password to a 3rd party.
- Reply from OS notification bubbles
- Will work with corporate XMPP servers that require VPN
- MUC multi user chat
- OMEMO encrypted chat
- Tested heavily with Google Talk, Openfire, Prosody and eJabberd servers.
Implements XMPP certain extensions intended to improve performance.
- XEP-0280: Message Carbons keep messages in synch between clients.
- XEP-0198: Stream Management to quickly reconnect.
- XEP-0199: XMPP Ping to maintain connections.
- XEP-0313: Message Archive Management to download chat history.
- XEP-0352: Client State Indication for dramatic reduction on power use.
- XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload to send images in conversations.
numerous bug fixes improving OMEMO key handling
Bewertungen und RezensionenAlle anzeigen
Optics are nice, but no group chat, no proxy
The optics are nice and I would really like to continue using Monal, but for me it's missing two essential features. I'm using XMPP and I need to connect to a server via proxy server and I absolutely need group chats which don't seem to be working at all.
first working macos omemo client
plus side: OMEMO works right out of the box, contacts and their encryption keys immediately availabel, images, etc. working.
group chat actually works, but currently you seem to have the group address manually, invitation didn't work for me.
Encryption keys currently can't seem to be entered, in group chat, I can't get OMEMO working
not very secure
sadly there is no encryption like otr/omemo or other end to end encryption.
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.