We love NFC, therefore we decided to develop our NFC21 tools. Our app offers you an advanced yet easy to use toolset to explore NFC with your iPhone. Reading as well as writing of NFC-tags is supported and wrapped in an attractive user interface.
NFC21 tools greets you with a history view, which contains all NFC-Tags you have read or written. Additional filters enable you to narrow down the list to ‘Read’, ‘Written’, ‘Drafts’ or ‘Favorites’ only. Tap on an entry for more details like the serial number (uid), memory size, write lock as well as the stored content. Based on the latter, an available action is offered like opening a link in Safari or the import of v-cards into the Contacts app.
Creation of own NFC-tags starts with the selection of a type. We differentiate three different types. First, the standard-type creates NFC-tags which are readable by newer iPhones (iPhone XS, XR or newer) without an additional app. Second, extended types which offer more advanced scenarios like sharing of locations, contacts or WIFI-credentials. These types require a suitable app (like NFC21 Tools or NFC21 Reader) to read and process the stored content. Lastly, the expert type allows the definition of own datatypes, which require suitable / custom apps to use them.
In summary, NFC21 Tools support the following tag-types:
Standard (usable without an app with iPhone XS, XR or newer):
• URL: Share a link to a website with an NFC-tag. Long / complicated addresses are a problem of the past.
• Phone number: Share a number with NFC – always right and directly dialable.
• E-Mail: Prepare a message for a recipient, ready to send with a tap.
• SMS: Create a short message for a predefined number, an optional text and ready to send in an instant.
• FaceTime: Start a FaceTime conversation with a scan.
• Shortcut: Execute a shortcut from the apple shortcuts app with a simple scan.
Advanced (with App):
• Text: Hide a text within an NFC-tag, waiting to be read by a scanning fellow.
• Address: Prepare a location for maps to ease getting direction – complicated street names are not a problem anymore.
• Position: Locate an exact position (treasure)? Store longitude and longitude for use in the maps app.
• Contact: Make your business card smart and let others scan your data like magic.
• WiFi: Share credentials and ease login with a tag scan.
• Data: Allows to define custom data types (MIME-Type).
• Bluetooth: Share Bluetooth device IDs for easier coupling.
Support and NFC-Tags
The NFC21 Tools app is developed by the NFC21 GmbH. Do not hesitate to send feedback and feature requests to our support.
We recommend NFC-Tags based on the NXP NTAG-Series. In our online-shop we offer you a broad selection of NFC-products in various shapes and colors. Furthermore, we produce custom NFC-products based on your individual requirements.
* Compatibility of vCard tags improved.
* Crash fixed for certain NFC tag content.
* Optimizations for iOS 14.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Endlich kann ich meine NFC Tags einfach lesen und beschreiben. Übersichtlich. TOP.
Tolle App mit allem was man benötigt und ein super nettes Team und obendrein machen die Jungs einen tollen Job!
Endlich mal eine App die hält wie was sie verspricht. Genau so habe ich es mir gewünscht. Nice!
- NFC21 GmbH
- 3.4 MB
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 NFC21 GmbH
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.