‘Symbolic Matrix’ serves to document, draft and study ideas and variations on the Coin Matrix theme. It addresses all close-up magicians who dedicate time and ideas to this classic effect, from the early Chink-a-Chink approach to the most recent solutions.
Consider the Coin Matrix trick a sequence of position checks and actions along with dramaturgic and grammatical elements. Pin those down in a most concise way by means of intuitive icons and symbols. Then let them guide you, view by view, to study, analyze, recall, and practice Coin Matrix effects systematically. The ‘Symbolic Matrix’ method gives you a holistic view on the effects, enables you to x-ray the method, and serves to go over your related material from books, lecture notes, brainstorming sessions, and videos. It opens up new perspectives, and is to the Coin Matrix effect what musical notes are to a song.
It works on all iOS devices, with the best product experience on iPads.
If in doubt, visit www.yeahgic.com, where you will find whitepaper, introductions and tutorial movies (currently geared towards its forerunning sister app 'Symbolic Method'), test the free 'Symbolic Coin-Up' sister app, or simply drop me a line.
- Note: this is the one-and-only program of this kind, a new experience they haven't taught you at school. It will require your dedication and attention before it returns its benefits. It is challenging. Some of the features will need refinements and overhaul over the next releases! The help text, though comprehensive, is spartanic without formatting. It has the minimum design required to achieve its purpose. 'Symbolic Matrix' was created with passion and driven by commitment but if this is not what you expected, and considering the solid price, please do not hesitate to make use of App Store's return option or contact me directly.
1. The concept of Spaces, ie. a segmentation of the View's Slot, is introduced. Predefined Spaces, segmenting the Slot into combinations of table, left hand, right hand, and lap are available over the Slot menu. They can be applied to any Slot, resized, deleted, copied, and pasted. This feature is experimental.
2. The concept of Layers, ie. an attribute of a coin to be existent to all, only to the spectator, or only to the performer, is introduced. Coins, and objects in general, are rendered depending on whether they are existent (and be it by imagination) to all, only the performer (who may be hiding them), or the audience (who may just imagine them). This feature is experimental.
3. The app hosts an invitation the Symbolic Matrix Community, hosted by the Mobilize.io platform.
4. A new option to export to TXT file format was added.
5. A new option to import from TXT file format was added. Documents in TXT format can now be imported from any file location on your device. This enables an easy exchange of documents over the Symbolic Matrix Community.
6. Views of type 'Structure' will automatically be renamed to 'Section'.
7. Code maintenance
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.