Each week over 1.5 million subscribers trust The Economist to help them make sense of the world. Join them with The Economist app.
Free to download. New users can subscribe to The Economist within the app and take advantage of an introductory subscription offer. Users on iOS 10.2 or below will need to update their phone to access the app. Otherwise The Economist classic app is available to enjoy our weekly edition.
Already a subscriber? Simply install the app and sign in with your Economist details.
The Economist is a trusted, independent, finishable filter on world affairs, offering in-depth analysis of business, finance, economics, science, technology, arts and culture. Whether it’s the latest developments in the Trump administration, the rise of automation in the workplace, the economic impact of environmental change or the case for legalising drugs, The Economist has it covered.
• A morning briefing to prepare you for the day ahead (Economist Espresso)
• A daily selection of curated articles, combining news updates with highlights from the weekly issue
• Full access to the weekly edition of The Economist (digital and audio versions)
As well as full access to the weekly edition, the app includes additional daily updates with articles from The Economist along with Economist Espresso, a morning briefing highlighting the most important things you need to know each day. All of the articles from the weekly magazine are available to listen to in audio, along with selected daily updates
FREE TO DOWNLOAD
Full app features:
• The weekly edition available every Thursday evening London time
• Audio versions of the weekly edition read by professional broadcasters
• Daily Picks: a daily selection of curated articles
• Economist Espresso: a morning briefing published every weekday, and on Saturday
• Notifications of the latest cover stories and key articles
• Reading times highlighted on each article
• Bookmarking to allow users to save articles for later, or create their own collection
• Support for iPhone and iPad
• All users on iOS 11.2 or above can subscribe to The Economist within the app and take advantage of an introductory subscription offer. At the end of the introductory term, the subscription will automatically renew onto a quarterly subscription at the standard price
• Annual subscriptions are also available
You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Introductory offers, annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the current period, at a cost of £44.99/$45.99/€69.99 (for a quarterly subscription) or £159.99/$189.99/€229.99 (for an annual subscription)
• You can manage auto-renewal of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- Espesso UI update
- Audio tracking improvements
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
Subskription via App does not work
I purchased a subscription via the App and received a receipt and invoice from Apple. However, I never received Login details. I contacted the Economist and they said this problem has to be solved by Apple („ because you got the App from their App Store“). The Economist could not even check whether my email is in their system.
Of course, Apple could not help either because they did not programm the App. Apple reimbursed the money for the subsciption.
The Economist is really a great magazine. The App and their customer service are not of the same quality.
Audio Edition fehlt
Jetzt gibt es anscheinend zwei App für eine Zeitschrift. Bei der hier sind weniger bugs als in der anderen, die gerne mal abstürzt oder lange lädt. Dafür fehlt hier die Audio Edition. Irgendwie ist das alles nichts. Bei so einer tollen Zeitung müsste die App doch wirklich besser sein können.
Trotz Bezahlung kein Login
Habe das kostenpflichtige Abo abgeschlossen, kann aber nicht auf die Inhalte zugreifen. Schwach.
- The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- 54.7 MB
Erfordert iOS 10.3 oder neuer. Kompatibel mit iPhone, iPad und iPod touch.
- Freigabe 12+ für Folgendes:
- Selten/schwach ausgeprägt: Gebrauch von Alkohol, Tabak oder Drogen bzw. Verweise hierzu
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2018
- Three month subscription 85,99 €
- One year subscription 279,99 €
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.