Tot is an elegant, simple way to collect & edit text across your Mac, iPhone, and iPad. It’s your tiny text companion!
⁕ Less Is More
Tot’s single window design and simple formatting controls mean no more hunting for that chunk of text. Seven color-coded dots let you organize your notes while keeping them from getting out of hand.
⁕ Dark / Light Mode
Designed to look stunning both day and night, Tot takes full advantage of iOS and macOS themes.
⁕ Small Footprint
Stays out of the way on the desktop with minimal chrome and can even be controlled via the Menu bar. On mobile, each dot is just a swipe away.
⁕ iCloud Sync
Seamlessly syncs your text across iOS and macOS using iCloud so you can capture thoughts wherever you are.
⁕ Markdown Support
Full support for rich or plain text and even automatically translates text to Markdown for handy use on the web. Have an RTF file you need marked up? No problem!
⁕ Killer Keyboard
Tot puts common text operations on the keyboard and keeps track of word and character counts as you type.
Tot takes accessibility seriously with affordances for color blindness and full support for VoiceOver.
Available for iOS and macOS.
• Dot defragger: compacts dots to keep things clean and organized:
- Cleans up dots by moving full ones to the left and empty ones to the right
- iOS: Use “Compact Dots” in share sheet (or tap & hold on share icon)
- macOS: Use Window > Compact Dots… (or ⇧⌘D)
• AutoList will only remove bullets if they are in the middle of a list [Thanks Ian!]
• Fixed check for 100,000 characters: deleting text no longer triggers the alert
• If the first paragraph of a dot is mostly Arabic or Hebrew, the text will automatically switch to using a Right-to-Left writing direction [Thanks Ezra!]
• In plain text, ⌘B and ⌘I inserts a single Markdown character without a selection (this previously only worked with selected text)
• New symbol picker added to status bar:
- Click on the asterisk to get a popover with symbols
- Pick a bullet to start a new list, Emoji to add status, or any other symbol
- A quick alternative to ⌃⌘Spacebar
• Fixed sample text at first launch
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ich habe lange überlegt mir die App zu kaufen und bin jetzt sehr zufrieden.
Es ist keine gewöhnliche Notiz App wie wir sie gewohnt sind, aber ich finde sie toll 👍
Ich habe zum Test mal was geschrieben, was ich jetzt so,super einfach über Email verschicken kann.
Auch ist sie sehr einfach, hab sie gleich verstanden obwohl ich kein Englisch kann.
Und das Design ist sehr schön, alles in einem.
Ich bereue es nicht die App gekauft zu haben 👍
Es ist auch ein Widget vorhanden. Was für mich persönlich wichtig war :)
Love the app! It’s perfect to get rid of all my notes clutter.
I just wish it was also available for Apple Watch.
I like the concept and the App looks nice. But my notes are not syncing. I have installed Tot (btw. not the best name in German) on my iMac, my iPad and my iPhone, but nothing is syncing.
I deleted the App from all devices, deleted the Container in ~/Library, rebooted my iMac, reinstalled the App on all devices and entered some text on my iMac. Then I started the App on my iPad, waited for several minutes, but nothing was synced.
There seems no way to contact the developers beside Twitter (which I am not using) to report the problem...
Update: Today syncing between my iMac and my iPhone seems to work, but still nothing on my iPad...
Developer Response ,
You can always contact us on Twitter @tot_app or @iconfactory or via our support site at https://support.iconfactory.com/kb or via email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The problem sounds like one of your devices hasn't given tot iCloud access. Most likely your Mac. I'd check iCloud settings for Tot in System Prefs and see if something isn't set right. If you still have problems please contact us via one of the many methods listed above. Thanks.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Iconfactory
- 4.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 The Iconfactory
- 21,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.