Tot is an elegant, simple way to collect & edit text across your Mac, iPhone, and iPad. It’s your tiny text companion!
⁕ Less Is More
Tot’s single window design and simple formatting controls mean no more hunting for that chunk of text. Seven color-coded dots let you organize your notes while keeping them from getting out of hand.
⁕ Dark / Light Mode
Designed to look stunning both day and night, Tot takes full advantage of iOS and macOS themes.
⁕ Small Footprint
Stays out of the way on the desktop with minimal chrome and can even be controlled via the Menu bar. On mobile, each dot is just a swipe away.
⁕ iCloud Sync
Seamlessly syncs your text across iOS and macOS using iCloud so you can capture thoughts wherever you are.
⁕ Markdown Support
Full support for rich or plain text and even automatically translates text to Markdown for handy use on the web. Have an RTF file you need marked up? No problem!
⁕ Killer Keyboard
Tot puts common text operations on the keyboard and keeps track of word and character counts as you type.
Tot takes accessibility seriously with affordances for color blindness and full support for VoiceOver.
Available for iOS and macOS.
• Dot defragger: compacts dots to keep things clean and organized:
- Cleans up dots by moving full ones to the left and empty ones to the right
- iOS: Use “Compact Dots” in share sheet (or tap & hold on share icon)
- macOS: Use Window > Compact Dots… (or ⇧⌘D)
• AutoList will only remove bullets if they are in the middle of a list [Thanks Ian!]
• Fixed check for 100,000 characters: deleting text no longer triggers the alert
• If the first paragraph of a dot is mostly Arabic or Hebrew, the text will automatically switch to using a Right-to-Left writing direction [Thanks Ezra!]
• In plain text, ⌘B and ⌘I inserts a single Markdown character without a selection (this previously only worked with selected text)
• New symbol picker added to status bar:
- Click on the asterisk to get a popover with symbols
- Pick a bullet to start a new list, Emoji to add status, or any other symbol
- A quick alternative to ⌃⌘Spacebar
• Fixed sample text at first launch
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love the idea but its a bit slow
It takes about a second from click to window, and about 500ms to cycle between the dots.
My benchmark is the built-in Stickies App.
All my dots are filled with content, some plain text some markdown.
Developer Response ,
Don't know, should't be slow in the least. Tot is super light weight. Is this still the case? You might want to delete the app and try a re-install if so. Also, is this when the app is in Dock mode or Menu bar mode?
I love it
Die App ist einfach zu bedienen und perfekt um seine Gedanken schnell festzuhalten. Das Design ist minimalistisch und kommt ohne viel Schnickschnack aus.
Klein aber Oho
Grandiose App! Simpel, einfach zu bedienen, ohne unnütze Funktionen. Auf das Wesentliche fokussiert ist tot innerhalb kürzester Zeit zu einem treuen Begleiter auf Mac und iOS geworden, dem ich gerne temporäre Notizen und Gedanken anvertrauen.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Iconfactory
- 3.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 The Iconfactory
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.