No account necessary. No hidden costs.
Now in their 8th year as a mobile app, and their 10th online, the Wise Pilgrim Guides are the go-to source of up-to-date information on the Camino de Santiago.
The app is updated regularly with new content and new features and offers you the ability to leave tips for pilgrims following behind you.
This guide covers the Camino Primitivo, the original route across northern Spain. It has been redesigned and now works almost exclusively offline (to share your comments with others will require a data connection). As more an more albergues share their WiFi this becomes less of an issue, and the guide will tell you which ones offer WiFi.
A full directory of Albergues, camping, hotels, pensions, paradors, and cases rurales; with special attention to those that can be booked online.
No more "stage anxiety" or guide created bottlenecks.
Offline and online versions of a beautiful topographical may will give you a good view of the terrain ahead.
Photos of albergues, monuments and other points of interest along the way. Currently 900+ images and growing.
Scrollable Elevation Map:
This one is hard to show with just a screenshot, but the elevation that appears at the top of every city page scrolls East to West. One complete elevation, from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago, uninterrupted by page folds.
Albergue closed early for the season? Have a restaurant that you want to share, or perhaps one to warn others about? Every location in the app gives you the opportunity to leave a comment and to read the comments left by others. No registration necessary.
¡Buen Camino and thank you for your support!
I hope these release notes find all of you safe at home and healthy with your family, no doubt looking forward to brighter days on the camino.
This update hopes to make those days a bit easier to navigate. Here in Santiago we are all home bound so I have made the best of the situation by coding some long desired changes to the apps.
Design Changes, Functionality Additions, and a bit of bed bug fumigation:
• A completely redesigned 'region' view. This was to accommodate a new feature which allows you to set a place as your starting point, and because of that all of the distances had to be reconsidered for the best readability. It should be rather intuitive, and it is better described in the legend page. These changes also allow for the page to be a lot more readable, and of course planning your day just got a lot easier.
• Better accommodation sorting. Accommodation in a city is now better sorted, with albergues grouped by type at the top and with private accommodation options grouped by type below. No more funny business where albergues were scattered randomly throughout the list.
• Better comment sorting. In the past comments didn’t always sort by date. In the now they do.
• Better visualization for exactly how far away from the camino some of those alternate routes take you.
• A bug which caused to guide to crash if there was a comment which was empty has been fumigated.
• Most users will now see the correct decimal separator for distances, with periods and commas appearing where they ought to.
• Generally better typography. Some missing characters were fixed, sizes were adjusted, that kind of thing.
Stay safe, and I hope to see you all later this year.
Bewertungen und RezensionenAlle anzeigen
Perfekt für den Jakobsweg
Ich habe von diesem Anbieter alle Apps der Jakobswege und bin knapp 8.000 km mit diesen in Spanien und Portugal gewandert. Die App ist übersichtlich und sehr einfach zu bedienen. Zudem gibt es regelmäßig Updates mit Verbesserungen. Ich bin Begeistert und kann diese nur empfehlen.
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.