Airspace is a free iOS app that allows you to participate in Airspaces created with Autopilot. Airspace allows multiple devices to share telemetry in real-time, including both location and altitude information. If a device is connected to an aircraft, it will also share the aircraft telemetry with the other devices in the Airspace.
Once connected, Airspace will continue to run even when the app is in the background. Background execution enables use cases where it is desirable to lock the device screen, such as an athlete performing an action sport.
There are currently two types of Airspaces: Peer-to-Peer and Network. Peer-to-Peer Airspaces have limited connection range, but lower latency. Network Airspaces have unlimited connection range, but may have higher latency.
There are many possible use cases for Airspace, including but not limited to:
- Using the location of an iPhone as the Focus Subject where the iPhone is attached to an athlete
- Using the location of an iPhone as the Follow Leader on a wifi-only iPad
- Using the barometric altitude of an iPhone as the Altitude Reference on an older iPad without a barometer
- Using the location of an aircraft as the Focus Subject for a second aircraft (chase plane)
- Using the location of an aircraft as the Follow Leader for a second aircraft (formation flying)
Updated to use Hangar servers
- Auto Flight Logic LLC
- 26.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Hangar Technology
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.