Introducing Artstudio Pro, the most powerful painting and photo editing app available for both iOS and macOS. The successor to our famous ArtStudio app has been redesigned bringing many new features and improvements taking full advantage of the latest technologies Metal, iCloud Drive, Apple Pencil, and optimized for 64-bit multi-core processors to achieve the smoothest possible workflow.
Hundreds of assets are included and users have the ability to import resources in the most popular formats (ABR, TPL, PAT, GRD, ASE, ACO) giving instant access to millions of brushes, patterns, gradients, color swatches and fonts. It will boost your creativity and help you bring your ideas to life quickly and easily.
The powerful GPU accelerated ArtEngine developed by Lucky Clan is 5-10 times faster than the previous engine. It allows working with multiple documents, supports large canvas sizes and an unlimited number of layers. Incredible optimization ensures smooth work even with large canvases.
• Multiple open documents
• Canvas size: 64Mpix (iPad Air 2 or newer, iPhone 6s or newer), 48Mpix (older devices)
• Unlimited layers
• 27 tools: Move, Select, Crop, Eyedropper, Paint, Wet Paint, Eraser, Bucket/Pattern/Gradient Fill, Smudge, Dodge, Burn, Sponge, Text, Heal, Clone, and more
Flexible layer system
Artstudio Pro introduces a new layer system with grouping, non-destructive layer effects, and adjustment layers.
• Masks, clipping masks
• Adjustment Layers
• 9 layer effects: Bevel/Emboss, Stroke, Inner Shadow, Inner Glow, Outer Glow, Color/Gradient/Pattern Overlay, Drop Shadow
• 27 blending modes
• Text layers
• Transform multiple layers simultaneously
Advanced Brush engine
Perfectly optimized, lag free mechanism generating smooth, real looking strokes, making the most of Apple Pencil.
• Brush size up to 4000x4000
• 64-bit painting with pattern, double stamp, wet brush, dynamics
• Brush editor with over 100 customizable settings
• Over 150 built-in brushes divided into multiple groups: Pens, Pencils, Oil Painting, Inking, Charcoals, Airbrushes, Watercolor and many more
• Symmetric painting
Professional photo editor
Photo editing options developed in cooperation with professional photographers. Each feature was tested in several scenarios and light conditions.
• 15 adjustments available as non-destructive layer or simple adjustment: Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Curves, Exposure/Gamma, Shadows/Highlights, Vibrance, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance, Temperature/Tint, Black and White, Gradient Map and more
• 4 auto adjustments: Auto Contrast, Levels, Lightness, Saturation
• Dozens of filters with realtime preview and the ability to generate seamless patterns
• Inpaint, Elastify (Liquify)
• Retouching tools: Heal, Dodge, Burn, Sponge and more
• Image resize, Canvas resize
• Crop and Trim
Full iCloud integration
• Save and load images on iCloud Drive or local disk
• View, load, share, delete, move documents in internal gallery or iOS Files app
• Sort documents into folders
We have implemented many parsers from the most popular assets/images formats and we are especially proud of our ABR/TPL parser which not only reads brush stamps and patterns, but also most settings which are converted to Artstudio Pro brush engine values.
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, HEIC, TIFF, GIF, most raw formats
• Brushes - ABR, TPL
• Color swatches - ASE, ACO
• Patterns - PAT
• Gradients - GRD
• Fonts - TTF, OTF
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, TIFF, PDF
• Screen recording
• Customisable Quick menu
• Selection displayed as marching ants, quick mask or invisible
• Snapping to guidelines, dynamic guidelines, grid
• Perspective grid assist
• Mirror (flipped) view
• Support of iPad Drag and Drop, Split View, Sharing Extension, Open In, Clipboard
• Support of Wacom, Adonit and SonarPen styluses
Minimum System Requirements
Artstudio Pro for iOS requires iPhone or iPad running iOS 12 or above
- bug fixes and stability improvements
What's new in version 3.0:
The new floating panel system allows you to access important tools like our new color wheel, layers system, and our brand new brush editor in seconds. Get lost in the paint for hours with the wide verity of brand new brushes. With over 100 more new features and enhancements, this update brings fourth the next step for Artstudio Pro. Enjoy!
- Normal and Painting mode merged into one universal mode
- Introduced floating panels system, to keep a panel visible drag it a bit to any direction
- Added orange accents here and there
- All new Brush Editor panel
- All new Colors panel
- Added Wheel mode to Colors
- Quick Menu enhanced from 8 to 24 items
- Added option to lock canvas orientation
- Added grayscale option to Reference View
- Added long press gesture on tool icons to activate tool while keeping current brush
- Brushes now have ‘Preferred Tool’ parameter to activate the specified tool when picking a brush
- Added Perpendicular Pressure option to Preferences allowing using lighter pressure when Pencil is tilted
- Flow/size values changes from side sliders are now remembered for each brush (it can be disabled in Preferences)
- Hold Shift to paint straight lines in Freehand mode
- Added double-tap and triple-tap gestures to Mirror view or Size To Fit/Fill
- Added new ‘Live Spring’ smoothing algorithm generating live smoothing experience, without lag
- Removed Pencil tool, added Hard Edges parameter to Paint tool
- Flow, Opacity, Blending brush params moved from tool settings to brush settings
- Added Color dynamics (Hue, Saturation, Brightness, L, a, b) with Curves support
- Added Emboss effect to Stamp, Pattern and Aux Stamp
- Added Mutating mode to Aux Stamp
- Added Filtering options (Off, Medium, Strong) to Brush stamp, Aux Stamp and Pattern
- Ten other new brush parameters: Pattern Angle, Pattern Opacity Jitter, Mix Rate, Pattern Offset Randomness, Movement (Aux Stamp), Glazing , Stamp Brightness/Contrast, Squeeze dynamics, L, a, b values in Jitter, two more Blend Transparency modes
- Improved Wet Paint and Smudge quality
- Finger and Stylus Dynamics merged into one section
- Smudge and Wet Paint now support Opacity (both Jitter and Dynamics), Blending modes, non each stamp pattern and Wet effect
- Separated Color Jitter values to “Stamp” and “Stroke”
- Improved ABR import
BRUSHES, BRUSHES, BRUSHES
- Most of the brushes were redesigned or created from scratch to take advantage of the new brush engine
- We now have the following built-in groups: Basic, Pens, Pencils, Lettering, Charcoals, Erasers, Inking, Ink Rakes, Airbrushes, Painting, Digital Painting, Oil Paint, Watercolor, Mixers, Smudging, Impressionism, Markers, Glow, Flicks, Hair & Fur, Textures, Abstract, Texturizers
- Brushes are now using higher resolution patterns to produce better quality results on large canvas sizes
- Added Seamless Pattern filter to convert photos to seamless patterns
- Added Paste In Place
- Added Clear/Behind blend modes support to Clone and Heal tools
- Added 'Current And Below' and 'Reference' sample modes to Eyedropper
- Added arrows key support in Select tools
- Added Long Press gesture to pick a Layer to the Move tool
- Snap value in Transform tool is now saved
- Added Shift/Control shortcuts to quickly change combine mode in Select tools
- Added Shift / Secondary touch support in Transform tool
- Added Paper pattern presets
- Added option to auto add mask when adding adjustment layer
- Added option to add Drawing Modes to the Quick Menu and set Shortcuts
- Added option to sample color range in Hue/Sat/Lightness and Curve adjustment
- Added Pan option to ’Finger Function When Pencil Is Connected’
- Added Size/Opacity finger gesture support in Elastify
- Added View > Zoom To Fill
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Much like Adobe Photoshop
Great for photo processing, not just a drawing program.
If you are used to Adobe Photoshop menus, this is very similar.
Far easier to use compared to Affinity Photo for quick photo editing - for example to the Internet.
The app is perfect
The best drawing app out there. Beats Procreate in every single way.
Artstudio Pro....the only place to go. Working professionally with art and graphics, apps like Procreate is a great platform, but besides from having the same features, pretty much, A.P. is so much more....and is constantly under development. Simply awesome.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.