Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track and manage lots of podcasts at the same time. Only listen to the episodes you want and easily skip the rest, queue up hours of podcasts at a time and enjoy a seamless listening experience with carplay compatibility, chapter support, trim silence and much, much more!
HOW IT WORKS
1. New episodes land in the NEW tab. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and clear the rest.
2. Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
3. Re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your LIBRARY to review the back catalogue, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
Subscribing to a podcast is no longer a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have to manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
WHY OUR USERS LOVE CASTRO
• Drag and drop podcasts to plan your listening with Castro’s unique queue
• An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
• CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
• Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
• Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or clear the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $18.99/year (includes a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
• Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
• Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor to increase volume just where it’s needed.
• Sideloading: Import audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive
• Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
• Chapter Support: Artwork, Skipping & Pre-selection.
• Custom settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $18.99 per year. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
QUICK BUG FIXES
Fixes a crash that could happen when performing actions on new episode notifications. Also fixes another issue that could prevent actions taken on new episode notifications from sticking (e.g. you might clear an episode from a notification only to see it pop back into Inbox later).
NEW SHARE MENU
On iOS 14 sharing from the Now Playing screen now uses a pop-out menus instead of an action sheet. Pro-tip: tap and hold on the share button then move your touch to the appropriate share option before releasing to bring up the share sheet in one smooth gesture.
TAP AND HOLD TO SEARCH
Noticed that the Twitter app does this and it seemed smart so: tap and hold on the Discover tab icon to jump to the tab and immediately into search. The same works on the Library tab for filtering your subscriptions.
IN OTHER NEWS
We've had a hell of a last few weeks with a medical emergency and a car accident that destroyed a laptop (separate incidents). Everyone is fine now, but... it's been a bit wild over here. Widgets are coming, just a bit delayed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The only issue we have with podcasts today? Keeping track of all of the good stuff. Castro acts as our podcast personal assistant. Once we’d rifled through the app’s vast (and we mean vast) offering, Castro helped us prioritise and organise what we wanted to hear—and clear our in-tray by deleting them once we’d listened.
Great podcast manager and player
Perfect podcast app
Has just the right amount of features for the casual listener. Not too much, not too little. Great UI.
- Supertop Software
- 44.5 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 5.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Tiny Podcasts
- In-App Purchases
- Castro Plus 169,00 kr
- Castro Plus 25,00 kr
- Castro Plus 49,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.