E-Calc Journeyman is an electrical application for calculating many common electrical problems. This app is an essential tool for all electricians and electrical engineers. Unlike other similar apps E-Calc not only calculates simple formulas but returns code results including wire sizing, conduit sizing, fusing, overload size, ground and bond size and much more based on the Canadian Electric Code. The features of this app are too long to list but here are a few of the key ones;
- All calculations are saved and can be shared or printed.
- Universal app runs on iPhone and iPad.
- Calculate any motor load and get maximum overcurrent, maximum overload, minimum wire, minimum pipe, and minimum bond wire size.
- Calculate transformer size and get FLA, pipe size, fuse and breaker size, bond size, on both primary and secondary.
- Calculate the allowable ampacity of any wire type and deration situation.
- Calculate maximum number of similar sized wires in a given pipe size.
- Calculate required bonding sizes.
- Easily calculate complicated voltage drop calculations. Get results for percentage voltage drop as well as maximum lengths of runs and wire size. Derating is also supported.
- Calculate minimum burial depths for any situation including special situations including mechanical protection, under slab, and rock encased.
- Calculate any box fill situation in mL and cubic inch.
- Calculate recommeneded torque settings for all varieties of lugs and terminations.
- Convert many common units with the built in conversion calculator.
- Includes handy diagrams for service masts, kitchen wiring and communication cabling.
- Calculate linear expansion of conduits.
- Ohm's law calculator.
- Strap spacing calculator.
- Voltage unbalance calculator.
- Find NEMA codes and specs of receptacles.
- Calculate residential single dwelling service sizes.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.