Discover and share books you love on Goodreads, the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations!
Find new and interesting books by browsing personalized recommendations based on books you've read and your favorite genres. See what your friends are reading, write book reviews, and keep track of what you want to read.
Use our barcode scanner the next time you are in a bookstore. Add the book in your hands to your "to-read" shelf and browse reviews before buying.
More than 35 million members have added more than 1 billion books to their shelves. No other app combines the power and depth of the Goodreads community with an enormous catalog of books and reviews.
• Get personalized recommendations and discover new books based on your tastes.
• Goodreads Choice Awards: vote for your favorite books of the year and see the winners!
• Participate in the Reading Challenge!
• Barcode scanner!
• Keep a want-to-read list.
• See book reviews and updates from your friends.
• Discover new books and explore popular book lists.
• Rate and review any book in our catalog of more than 12 million books.
• Share notes and progress updates as you read.
• Recommend books to friends.
• Join online book clubs and connect with other readers.
• View literary events near you.
We’re halfway through the year! We hope you’ve found some great summer reading!
- Now it’s easier to rate your Amazon book purchases when you import them into Goodreads
- Bug fixes, and more!
Ratings and Reviews
Best social media ever
Goodreads is my hope for social media. You don’t have to connect to anyone if you don’t want, and this is where my love for books falls perfectly. The app is a great place to get recommendations, update your progress, see what friends are reading, and read book reviews of things you might already be interested. Move over, facebook and instagram!
Can’t access by iPhone
Have loved this app for years, but it hasn’t worked on my phone for half a year. Although online in all other contexts, the app says it “requires internet connection”. And logs me off. Works very well by kindle and iPad. Have recently changed phone - same problem. I had an iphone 6 previously - this is an iphone 8
Cant find the books
Then i search for a book and want to read it i cant
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.