The Safe Delivery App – App Store Description Adaptation:
Here is the award-winning and research based Safe Delivery App, made to support the provision of high-quality and life-saving obstetric and neonatal care to women and babies everywhere.
Let us help you to help others!
This is for all midwives, healthcare professionals and birth attendants that have been longing for a convenient and accessible tool to help them to grow and maintain their maternal and neonatal clinical knowledge, competencies, and skills. This app can help you to develop confidence and the resilience needed to give life-saving care.
Why you should download The Safe Delivery App:
Fulfil your commitment to lifelong learning!
The Safe Delivery App enables flexible, self-directed learning in basic midwifery emergency care and essential clinical skills. The clinical content is evidence-based to help keep you up to date with guideline changes, encouraging the provision of high-quality, woman-centred care. You can take ownership for your learning as it helps you to track your own progress, highlighting areas that need revision.
This app is easy-to-use and contains concise clinical guidance to support quick responses to time-pressed emergency situations. The app is free and can be downloaded for use offline. This means that it can be used at any time - whether on the job, in your spare time or as part of your training.
National and Language versions available
The Safe Delivery App offers a choice of different national and language settings to make it more appropriate to the different contexts of the users. So far, the app is available in Global English, French and Arabic, as well as being adapted to 18 country versions to align with national guidelines. Our animated videos are also made to be culturally appropriate to help users to relate to the content.
Useful App Content:
- Culturally adapted animated videos of clinical procedures
- Written clinical procedure descriptions related to maternal and newborn health
- Drugs lists with protocols for medicine preparation and administration.
- A variety of clinical guidance modules, including infection prevention, hypertension, normal labour and birth, postpartum haemorrhage, sepsis and much more.
- Search function for efficient navigation
- MyLearning platform for continued education
About the App Creators
The Safe Delivery App has been developed in a collaboration between the Maternity Foundation, the University of Copenhagen, and the University of Southern Denmark. All procedure guidance has been based on international guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO).
Visit our webpage at www.safedelivery.org to find all video content and exercises for each module online.
Bug fixes and minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Maternity Foundation Fondet
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Maternity Foundation, University of Copenhagen and University of Southern Denmark