StopTheMadness is a Safari and Firefox extension that stops web sites from making your browser harder to use. And it protects your privacy on the web. StopTheMadness is not an ad blocker: it offers unique features not available from ad blockers or any other apps. StopTheMadness is one of a kind!
Many web sites disable user interface features in your browser that you normally expect to work. StopTheMadness ensures that those features continue to work for you in Safari and Firefox:
• command-click and middle-click to open a link in a new tab
• command-key keyboard shortcuts
• opening contextual menus
• selecting, copying, cutting, and pasting of text
• drag and drop
• AutoFill/autocomplete of passwords, emails, etc.
• smooth scrolling
With StopTheMadness enabled, the annoying web sites that deliberately make your life harder suddenly become easy to use again!
StopTheMadness also protects your privacy on the web:
• Stops hyperlink auditing (anchor "ping")
• Stops tracking beacons (Navigator.sendBeacon)
• Stops clickjacking in Google Search results
• Removes tracking parameters such as utm_source, gclid, and fbclid from links
• Stops sites from using the Page Visibility API to know when a tab is visible on your screen
• Stops Safari from automatically submitting login forms. AutoFill login forms and then make changes such as checking "Remember Me" or take CAPTCHA tests before submitting.
• Stops "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" alerts. Close your tabs without getting stopped by the site!
• Hides animated squiggles on theoutline.com
• Force links to open in the current tab instead of a new tab. Remove target="_blank" from links so that they no longer automatically create a new tab.
StopTheMadness is made by indie developer Jeff Johnson. If you need support, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or read the support site at https://underpassapp.com/StopTheMadness/support.html
• Added main menu item "New Website Protections" with keyboard shortcut command-n
• Fixed a bug where the "Delete" main menu item was not properly disabled while creating new website protections
• Fixed a website incompatibility with the "Tab Closing and Visibility" protection
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.