Sugarmate is a companion app for users of the Dexcom G4/G5/G6 continuous glucose monitoring system. It works great for both the CGM wearer or follower.
Why use Sugarmate with your CGM?
Peace of Mind
- Automatically text message family and friends (with GPS coordinates) when glucose levels get urgently low (Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life)
- Receive a phone call when glucose levels go below normal while you're sleeping (even when your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode)
- Steady Above Normal, Predictive High, and Predictive Low notifications with customizable alert sounds
- Over 30 customizable tiles, including a mini-graph and other stats such as time in range, GMI (& est. A1c), bedtime/wake averages, unicorn counts, % in range/low/high, total insulin, total carbs, and many more
- Daily stats
- Generate and email spreadsheet reports with graphs, stats and all readings, activity and notes
- Display readings continuously on your watch, or even in your car (using Sugarmate's calendar functionality)
- Real-time syncing across all of your devices, including the Sugarmate Mac and web apps
- Today Widget with real time stats and graphs for your lockscreen
- Siri Shortcuts: just say "what's my sugar", "add insulin", "lookup food" and more
- Built-in nutritional food lookup, with voice recognition, food imagery, and barcode scanning
- An infinitely scrolling history of all of your sugar levels and activity. Pinch to zoom, or rotate your phone to enlarge
- Apple Health: two-way syncing, plus automatically creates walk/jog/run events based on your steps
- Offline saving so you can still log while out of service
- Easy setup: follow the instructions to add Sugarmate as a Follower (using only one Follow slot for everyone)
- Themes: make the app more personal by picking your own color scheme
- Multi-user support: manage 2+ people's sugar levels on one phone or Apple Watch
The Sugarmate Platform is not intended to modify data received from the continuous glucose monitor system. Nor is it intended to instruct, or to transmit information to the continuous glucose monitor system.
The Sugarmate Platform is not intended to serve as a replacement for a primary display device for a continuous glucose monitoring system.
Dosing decisions should not be made based on this device. The user should follow instructions on the continuous glucose monitoring system. This device is not intended to replace self-monitoring practices as advised by a physician.
This application is not owned by or affiliated with Dexcom.
This application is not owned by or affiliated with the Nightscout Project.
- Fixes iOS 14 menu bug
- Fixes multi-user log out bug
- Additional fixes
Ratings and Reviews
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sugarmate, LLC
- 145.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Sugarmate LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.