Download the FREE app and view selected topics (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
ABOUT: Handbook of Clinical Anesthesia
Step-by-step procedures to administer anesthesia drugs. ASA guidelines. Drug list & Black Box Warnings. Built-in calculators. Interactive flowcharts.
A comprehensive reference, guides you through virtually every aspect of perioperative, intraoperative, and postoperative patient care. This latest update with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Handbook of Clinical Anesthesia has been completely updated to present the essential clinical anesthesia information in a concise format.
- Intended to provide anesthesia practitioners and trainees with succinct, up-to-date information in a very readable form
- Step-by-step procedures to administer anesthesia for cardiac surgery, obstetric surgery, minimally invasive procedures, chronic pain management, and more
- A new topic covering Anesthesia for Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgeries has been added
- Two new appendices added – Atlas of Electrocardiography and Pacemaker and Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator Protocols
- ASA guidelines for patient care and safety included
- Robust appendices include formulas, American Heart Association resuscitation protocols, ASA Standards and Guidelines, difficult airway algorithms, malignant hyperthermia protocol, and herbal medications
- A clear, consistent style that makes critical contents easy to locate and comprehend
- Discusses the management of anesthesia in the wide variety of clinical circumstances that anesthesia practitioners encounter
- Sections Introduction to Anesthesiology and Scientific Foundations of Anesthesia reviews the fundamentals of anesthesia science, basic pharmacology of the more commonly used drugs in anesthesia
- The most practical clinical pearls on what to do and how and when to do it are presented in concise outline format, with hundreds of tables, graphs, and algorithms that summarize and prioritize crucial points
- Drug List & Black Box Warnings - Icons in the drug list indicate where FDA Black Box Warnings have been issued
- Includes 28 interactive flowcharts and 4 built-in calculators which assist in making clinical decisions
Author: Paul G. Barash, MD and Bruce F. Cullen, MD
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites .
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.
Fixes related to connecting to iTunes for in-app purchases in iOS version 13.4 and above.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Skyscape Medpresso Inc
- 41.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 1998-2020 Skyscape Medpresso, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Handbook - Clinical Anesthesia USD 64.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.