Whether your children are younger or in their teens, the Family Link app lets you set digital ground rules to help guide them as they learn, play and explore online. For children under the age of 13 (or the applicable age of consent in your country), Family Link also lets you create a Google Account for your child that's like your account, with access to most Google services. You can:
Guide them to good content
• View their activity – Not all screen time is the same. Help your child make healthy decisions about what they do on their Android device, with activity reports showing how much time they’re spending on their favourite apps.
• Manage their apps – Handy notifications let you approve or block apps that your child wants to download from the Google Play Store. You can also manage in-app purchases, and hide specific apps on their device.
• Feed their curiosity – It can be hard to work out which apps are right for your child, so Family Link shows you teacher-recommended apps on Android that you can add directly to their device.
Keep an eye on screen time
• Set limits – It’s up to you to decide the right amount of screen time for your child. Family Link lets you set time limits and a bedtime for their supervised devices, so that you can help them find a good balance.
• Lock their device – Whether it’s time to go play outside, have dinner or just spend time together, you can remotely lock a supervised device whenever it’s time to take a break.
See where they are
• It’s helpful to be able to find your child when they’re on the go. You can use Family Link to help locate them as long as they’re carrying their Android devices.
• Family Link’s tools vary depending on your child’s device. See a list of compatible devices at families.google.com/familylink/setup
• While Family Link helps you manage your child's purchases and downloads from Google Play, they will not need approval to install app updates (including updates that expand permissions), apps you have previously approved or apps that have been shared in Family Library. Parents should regularly review their child’s installed apps and app permissions in Family Link.
• You should carefully review the apps on your child’s supervised device and disable those you don’t want them to use. Please note that you may not be able to disable some pre-installed apps.
• To see the location of your child's or teenager's device, it must be powered on, recently active and connected to the Internet.
• Teacher-recommended apps are only available on Android devices in the US to parents of children of certain ages.
Several stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Family link for children isn’t available on iphone !!
Further security needed on google play
Just miss further security on google play, because it allows the kid to download apps rated 3+ without my permission
Make you aware of and control what your child do on his/her mobile
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 175.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Google, Inc.