File Rename Pro lets you rename a number of files quickly and easily, saving you time and effort.
Drag and drop one or more files or folders from Finder onto the app and you're ready to start renaming.
Friendly, Fast and Complete
File Rename Pro is a fast, friendly and complete batch/bulk file renaming tool for macOS. With over 12 different rename options, it can handle most renaming tasks (and if it doesn't do what you need, just drop us an email).
Real-Time Preview and Undo Feature
The app displays a real-time preview of the renamed files so you can confirm the changes before actually performing any renaming. Should you decide after a rename that you want to revert the changes, there is always the undo feature.
For Digital Photographers
The app makes it quick and easy for photographers to create detailed filenames for all their photos by adding number sequences, date information of when the photo was taken and EXIF metadata such as: width & height, aperture, ISO, focal length, F-number and shutter speed.
For Music Enthusiasts
The app is ideal for renaming MP3 audio files. As long as the audio files contain the relevant metadata, you can standardise the names of audio files, by including information such as: title, artist, album, album artist, genre, composer, year, track number, track total, disc number, disc total, bit rate, sample rate and duration.
For the more technical minded, the app includes an advanced section allowing the use of powerful regular expressions for finding and replacing in filenames.
Simultaneous Rename Options
The rename options can be used in conjunction with each other making complex renaming a simple task. An intuitive user interface makes it easy to see at a glance which options are currently in use.
· Fixed filename
· Delete filename
· All lowercase, All uppercase, Title case, Sentence case, Camel case, Capitalize.
· Replace all/1st/2nd/3rd/last occurrence of a term with another term
· Add text before/after all/1st/2nd/3rd/all occurrence of a term.
· Remove all/1st/2nd/3rd/last occurences of a term.
· Remove from beginning/end n characters, starting from 1st-20th character.
Date & Time Actions
· Using file creation/modification or photo's creation or today's date add to start/end date/time. Includes over 50 date and 25 time formats.
· Add a numerical sequence to the start or end of filenames.
· Include in photo filenames metadata such as: width & height, aperture, ISO, focal length, F-number, shutter speed, artist and more.
· Include in audio filenames metadata such as: title, artist, album, album artist, genre, composer, year, track number, track total, disc number, disc total, bit rate, sample rate and duration.
· Regular Expression replace - Find and replace using the power of a regular expression engine.
If File Rename Pro notices that a filename clash is going to occur it automatically resolves the clash by ensuring each name is unique.
This application is suitable for professionals, business users and developers alike.
File Rename Pro offer an in-app purchase to unlock an alternative drag and drop UI, offering greater flexibility and a more visual rename experience.
- New and improved UI with support for dark mode.
- Native support of Apple silicon and Intel based macs.
- You can now drag and drop individual files for renaming (in addition to dragging and dropping folders)
- Files can now be manually reordered (useful when using the sequence action)
- An alternative drag and drop based UI with more renaming flexibility can be unlocked via an in-app purchase.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Silvia Carril Caldelas
- 4.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 ilia Language Services Ltd.
- 7,99 €
- In-App Purchases
- Xtras 2,29 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.