*** This is the professional app to the renowned reference work of Schulze and Dingler covering 804 European species including 2,837 songs and calls known from the 17# CD set! This app is a co-production between Sunbird Images and the German publisher Edition AMPLE. This is the best set of songs and calls for this region ever published.
The app has recently been promoted and positively reviewed by several organizations and institutions:
UK Birding and Wildlife Blog www.viewsfromanurbanlake.co.uk writes:
>> " …this app...is worth it's weight in gold, everything works well and is easy to use, and you wouldn't be able to find anything this good for less."
>> "The home screen is populated with clear photographic icons representing logical groups ... making it very easy to navigate, find and access the species of interest."
Birdwatch Ireland writes:
>> "I must say that I was impressed with how fast and responsive this app is to use, with no noticeable lagging or waiting for sounds to load. Navigating between species is a breeze and, by and large, the selection of “cuts” for most species is very impressive"
>> " ...the user can quickly jump between via the simple but effective control interface."
All species can be browsed according to their taxonomical classification and can thus be easily compared. Spectrograms to all sounds as well as high quality photographs and descriptions to each species are also included. As a novelty and practical advantage, multiple songs and calls of one species are arranged consecutively on separate tracks. Some tracks consist of several calls, which can independently be chosen and played immediately without the need to fast-forward. This adds up to 2,837 bird sounds altogether! Explanations to all recordings are given, bird names are given in English, Latin and German, French, Italian, Spanish and other languages, see below.
This app offers many special features:
– 2,837 songs & calls
– includes 804 European species
– spectrograms to all sounds
– descriptions to all species
– 1,380 photographs
– 750 distribution maps (Europe)
– create your own sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, and name
– make notes for each bird spotted
– display bird names in 19 languages and select sequence:
* English, Latin, Chinese (traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Japanese (romaji), Latvian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish *
All updates are free of charge. Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding!
We are happy, if you like our app. Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions or suggestions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook:
We hope you are enjoying the app here comes a major update for you:
- a few taxonomic updates have now been implemented:
- Lanius meridionalis is a full species now
- Isabelline Warbler (Iduna opaca) was separated from (Iduna pallida)
- Eastern Orphean Warbler (Sylvia crassirostris now Curruca crassirostris) was separated from Western species: Western Orphean Warbler (Curruca hortensis)
- 150 distribution maps were added
+ additional minor taxonomic updates
- Layout completely updated
- Compare feature added (songs, images and calls can now be compared)
- all sonograms were updated and recreated
- sonograms have kHz + time scale now!
- Sykes’s Warbler call and Pechora Pipit call added
- texts have been revised
- everything is smoother and much faster now
- iPad Pro ready
Please let us now what you think and give us a good rating if you like what we have done, this is much appreciated and helps visibility in the app store. If you have any complaints or suggestions please write to email@example.com as apple does not allow replying to your reviews. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
Crashing all the time
Could be fine app if it won’t crash all the time. While listening a birdsong the app is closing when the Mobile phone fades the screen for power save.
The quality of recordings is very good. It is also nice that you can choose different languages for bird names. However the titles for bird groups at main view stays always in English.
- Mullen & Pohland GbR
- 1.9 GB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Sunbird Images® 2019
- 69,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.