Detect speed limits signs with your camera !
"Speedometer Radar Camera" detects road signs using the camera while driving. It displays your current speed with a speedometer along with the last detected speed limit. Color and sound of the speedometer indicate when you are too fast. This makes Speed Limit warning Camera a very useful driving app always showing current speed with the speedo and current limit. It recognizes over 40 road signs.
► Working principle of Speedometer Radar Camera
Speed Limit warning Camera is not considered to always display the current speed limit at any time and place, instead it is a road sign recognizer for selected road signs. These signs are shown in the App Store. This means that e.g. within a town the default speed limit is not displayed because there are no road signs for the default speed limit. Please bear that in mind when using Speedometer Radar Camera app. Also please read the liability disclaimer below. The speedometer gets it's data from the GPS and is used to determine wether you are above or below the actual limit of the last detected road sign.
► System requirements of Speed Limit warning Camera
Speedometer Radar Camera requires an iPhone SE, 6 or higher running under iOS 10 that must provide the extension 'Metal Performance Shaders'. There is no support for iPhone 5 or lower and there won't be in the future due to hardware constraints.
► Limitations of Speed Limit warning Camera
Speedometer Radar Camera does a computational intensive job that formerly was limited to mainframes. Therefore there are some restrictions:
- At night and in adverse lighting conditions the recognition of road signs might fail due to iPhone camera limitations.
- The app is optimized for German road signs. However in many countries the signs are very similar and therefore the app should work there too. Unfortunately there is yet no support for US speed limits.
- There is no support for 'end of limit' signs yet and no support for place/city signs that might also decrease the speed limit according to local traffic road regulations.
- Sometimes road signs in narrow turns are missed due to the limited view angle of the camera
- Sometimes there are missed or false road sign detections
- Speedometer is updated every second
► Notes from the developer
If you like Speed Limit warning Camera please rate the app. If you don't like it please send your suggestions by email to the developer team. If you want to get it ad-free please get the IAP and bear in mind that developing such a complicated app requires knowledge and time which should be rewarded. Please refrain from complaining about the pricing policy.
► Disclaimer for Speedometer Radar Camera
The author of this app takes no liability whatsoever for any damages that may occur in connection with this app. In particular, all claims against the author are excluded. By using the app, the user recognizes this complete exclusion of liability and damage compensation. The use of the app is entirely at the risk of the user.
► iOS 14 corrections
► Fixed a crash issue
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It missed most of the signs and speed limits. I had to turn it multiple times to see if it works detect the signs.
Great effort, needs a lot more work.
Not working at over 80 km/h speeds
In-App PurchasesSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Christian Neubauer
- 104.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 IBN Software
- In-App Purchases
- Speedometer Speed Camera Pro 5,49 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.