Alliances are shattering, and hasty diplomatic treaties are made in secrecy. A confrontation of the superpowers seems inevitable – only the outcome of the galactic conflict remains to be seen. Which faction will emerge victorious and rule the galaxy?
A game of Eclipse places you in control of a vast interstellar civilization, competing for success with its rivals. You will explore new star systems, research technologies, and build mighty spaceships. There are many potential paths to victory, so you need to plan your strategy considering the strengths and weaknesses of your species, while paying attention to the other civilizations' endeavors.
Eclipse other civilizations and lead your people to victory!
This is the classic version, which corresponds to the original board game. We're working on an implementation of the new version "Second dawn for the galaxy."
* Official iOS version of the 'Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy' boardgame
* Deep and challenging 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate) gameplay
* 7 species with different strengths and weaknesses
* Customizable star systems, technology tree and ship designs
* Up to 6 players (human or AI)
* Asynchronous multiplayer with push notifications
* 3 AI difficulty levels
* In-game tutorial & manual
Eclipse received multiple awards:
* 2011 Charles S. Roberts Best Science-Fiction or Fantasy Board Wargame Nominee
* 2011 Jogo do Ano Nominee
* 2012 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Golden Geek Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Winner
* 2012 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
* 2012 JoTa Best Gamer Game Audience Award
* 2012 JUG Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Ludoteca Ideale Winner
* 2012 Lys Passioné Winner
* 2012 Tric Trac Nominee
With this update we move to a new server infrastructure.
The games will be transfered on 21.06.2022 at 9h CEST.
You need to update the app to this version to use the new server.
The old server service will be shut down, so even with old app version will no longer be possible to play there.
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, but buggy
Excellent adaptation of an amazing board game, but very buggy.
Great board game, quite nice iPad version. At least one remembers all rules with this one. Boring graphics though.
Easy way to play eclipse!
Great game and nice that you're now able to play and practice on AI players and get to know the rules.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Brettspielwelt GmbH
- 131.7 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Brettspielwelt GmbH
- 6,99 €
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.