Follow your health with ease. Track numerous metabolic health parameters—heart age, cholesterol balance, inflammation, fatty acid balance and more—from a single blood sample, visualised in an easy to understand way.
NIGHTINGALE HEALTH INDEX
The Nightingale Health Index is a powerful metric that summarises the impact of lifestyle on your health. The Health Index is based on six important health indicators: cholesterol balance, blood sugar, fatty acid balance, diabetes resistance, inflammation and heart age. The closer your Nightingale Health Index is to 100, the higher are your chances of living a long and healthy life.
- Cholesterol balance is a measure of “good” versus “bad” cholesterol in your blood.
- Blood sugar is the level of glucose (sugar) in your blood.
- Fatty acid balance is a measure of “good” versus “bad” fats in your blood.
- Inflammation is a steady, low-level inflammation throughout the body that indicates disease risk.
- Diabetes resistance is an estimate to see how well-guarded your body is against developing type 2 diabetes in the long run. The indicator also estimates your type 2 diabetes risk for the next 10 years.
- Heart age reflects your cardiovascular health compared to your actual age. The indicator also estimates your heart disease risk for the next 10 years.
- Total cholesterol is the cholesterol concentration in your bloodstream measured to check your heart’s health.
- LDL-cholesterol is referred to as the bad cholesterol as excess of it is bad for your heart’s health.
- HDL-cholesterol is called the good cholesterol as it helps in removing unnecessary cholesterol from your body.
- Triglycerides are the most common type of fat in your body. Excess of them isn’t good for your heart.
- VLDL-cholesterol is also called the bad cholesterol as excess of it isn’t good for your heart’s health.
- Apolipoprotein B (ApoB) is a protein that helps bad cholesterol particles move in your blood and therefore is bad for your heart’s health.
- Apolipoprotein A1 (ApoA1) is also a protein. It helps good cholesterol particles move in your blood.
- ApoB/ApoA1 ratio is a ratio of ApoB to ApoA1 in your blood.
- Glucose is the amount of glucose in your blood.
- Ketosis is a state in which, when your body is low on glucose, it burns stored fat to produce ketones that can act as an alternative source of energy for the brain.
- Glycoprotein acetylation (GlycA) indicates the minutest inflammation in your body known as chronic low-grade inflammation.
- Omega-3% tells you how much of your total fatty acid count is omega-3, which is a good fat in your blood.
- Omega-6% tells you how much of your total fatty acid count is omega-6, which is a good fat in your blood.
- MUFA% tells you how much of your total fatty acid count is monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA). MUFAs are good to have in your food but excess if it in your blood is bad for health.
- SFA% tells you how much of your total fatty acid count is saturated fatty acids (SFA), a fatty acid you should keep an eye on as excess of it may cause diabetes and are bad for your heart’s health.
- PUFA% tells you how much of your total fatty acid count is polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs). PUFAs are “good” fats.
- Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are amino acids that should be part of your diet but excess BCAAs in the blood is unhealthy.
KNOW YOUR BASELINE, FOLLOW-UP
With the My Nightingale blood test and app, see which areas of health you should focus on. Take follow-up tests and notice even small changes that can help you understand how your everyday lifestyle affects your health.
Haven’t tried My Nightingale yet? Visit https://nightingalehealth.com/how-it-works to learn more.
LinkedIn: Nightingale Health
In this release, we've added crash reporting and made some minor technical improvements under the hood.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nightingale Health Oy
- 31.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Nightingale Health
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.