Wayward Souls is an action-adventure game built for quick playthroughs and massive amounts of replay value. It was inspired by Spelunky, Secret of Mana, and our previous game, Mage Gauntlet.
Procedurally generated random levels mean that every time you play the game, it's a different experience. Control one of six characters, all with their own unique playstyles, abilities, and equipment. Explore and fight for survival, in combat where your tactics, positioning, and timing matter.
- Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
- Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
- 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
- Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
- Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
- No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
- Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on iOS, maybe anywhere.
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
- Fixes for iPhone Plus (6S+, 7+, 8+)
Ratings and Reviews
A game done so right!
At first, the price looks high, I know. You might think it's too much for a game (a mobile game!) nowadays. Let me help you; buy it. Here's why:
The mobile gaming has seen an unbelievable rise in IAPs and Freemiums in the last few years. Often you play, pay, play, pay or pay, wait, frustrate, wait, play and so on.
Playing such games gives me a feeling of not getting into it, that there's a wall of cash keeping me from seeing the true game.
Wayward Souls makes a difference. Sure, it costs more than a café in the workplace, but it also gives a true game in return. The sheer amount of time you'll spend with this one is more than enough to justify it, along with excellent gameplay, music, artful world..
In short it's worth every (insert currency here)!
Best game ever
Wow! I was blown away after short time of playing! But it only gets better while you play. One of the best games ever played on any platform!
Better with a controller?
Not bad, but has some issues with the touch controls. Probably plays better with a real gamepad.
- Rocketcat LLC
- 48.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Rocketcat, LLC
- 7,99 €
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.