Make healthier food choices with FoodSwitch. Simply scan a barcode to get its nutrition facts and healthier alternatives!
Whether you’re looking to eat healthier, track calories, avoid gluten, or looking for products low in salt or sugars, FoodSwitch will help you develop healthy habits when grocery shopping.
MAKING HEALTHIER FOOD CHOICES IS FAST AND EASY
1. Barcode Scanner --> Simply scan barcodes to view the nutritional information of packaged food products. Over a million barcodes recognized in our huge database.
2. Nutritional Tracker --> Information on the nutritional quality of packaged foods.
3. Nutrient Details View Energy, Fat, Sugar, Salt content and more.
4. Healthy Food Choice --> Make healthier food choices based on what you scan and shop well.
MEET YOUR SPECIFIC DIETARY GOALS USING OUR FILTERS
Choose a Switch below to filter healthier food choices :
1. FoodSwitch ---> gives an overall nutritional rating to make a healthier food choice. Great for people looking for overall health alternatives to their favorite foods.
2. SaltSwitch ---> Lists healthier choices having lower amounts of salt than the scanned product. Helpful for people concerned about their blood pressure.
3. FatSwitch ---> Lists healthier choices having lower amounts of saturated fat than the scanned product.
4. EnergySwitch: Lists healthier choices having lower energy (Kilojoules) to manage energy needs or reduce KJ (Calories). Great for people who want to track calories and find reduced-calorie products.
5. SugarSwitch: Lists healthier choices having lower amounts of total sugar than the scanned product for people looking to reduce sugar in their diet.
VIEW NUTRITION INFORMATION IN TWO MODES
1. Health Star Ratings --> Rates products from 0.5 to 5 stars. Higher the star rating, healthier the food.
2. Color coded Labels --> Green(low), Amber(medium) and Red(high) ratings for salt, sugar, fat and saturated fat content.
1. Create and save personalized lists of favorite foods.
2. Help us out! Send us photos of any items that you are not able to scan.
3. Identify Vegetarian products easily.
4. Use “Compare” function to scan and compare up to 10 similar products against each other
Check out this video. Professor Bruce Neal - Executive Director at The George Institute for Global Health talks about the FoodSwitch program and its vision to improve health
FoodSwitch data is used by governments and health organisations around the world. Download the app today for credible and impartial information.
FoodSwitch is owned and operated by The George Institute for Global Health.
For more information about FoodSwitch and FAQs, please visit
- Database update
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The George Institute for Global Health
- 41.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © The George Institute for Global Health
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.