Make healthier food choices with FoodSwitch. Simply scan a barcode to get its nutrition facts and healthier alternatives!
# Accredited by ORCHA with a review Score of 75% in 2020 making FoodSwitch app the most trusted source for health app advice
Whether you're looking to shop for healthier food, diet, determine calories, avoid gluten, or looking for products low in calories, fat, saturated fat, sugars, salt or sodium, FoodSwitch will help you develop healthy habits when grocery shopping.
See for yourself why FoodSwitch is the world’s most popular health and fitness app.
MAKING HEALTHIER FOOD CHOICES IS FAST AND EASY
• Barcode Scanner --- Simply scan barcodes to view the nutritional information of packaged food products. Over a million barcodes are recognized in our huge database.
• Nutritional Tracker --- Information on the nutritional quality of packaged foods.
• Nutrient Details --- View Energy, Fat, Sugar, Salt content, and more.
• Healthy Food Choice --- Make healthier food choices based on what you scan.
• Health Star rating mode --- View how key components in food rate using stars in Health Star Rating mode. The higher the star rating, the healthier the food is overall.
• Color Coded Labels mode --- View how key components in food rate using colors in Color Coded Labels mode. Red is less healthy, Green is a healthier choice and Amber is in between red and green.
MEET YOUR SPECIFIC DIETARY GOALS USING OUR FILTERS
• FoodSwitch --- Lists overall nutritional rating to make a healthier food choice. Great for people looking for overall health alternatives to their favorite foods.
• SaltSwitch --- Lists healthier choices having lower amounts of salt than the scanned product. Helpful for people concerned about their blood pressure.
• FatSwitch --- Lists healthier choices having lower amounts of saturated fat than the scanned product.
• EnergySwitch --- Lists healthier choices having lower energy (Kilojoules) to manage energy needs or reduce KJ (Calories). Great for people who want to track calories and find reduced-calorie products.
• SugarSwitch --- Lists healthier choices having lower amounts of total sugar than the scanned product for people looking to reduce sugar in their diet.
• Help the community by sharing photos of any items that you are not able to scan and help expand our product database.
• Identify products containing Gluten easily.
Check out this video. Professor Bruce Neal - Executive Director at The George Institute for Global Health talks about the FoodSwitch program and its vision to improve health
FoodSwitch data is used by governments and health organizations around the world. Download the app today for credible and impartial information.
FoodSwitch is owned and operated by The George Institute for Global Health.
For more information about FoodSwitch and FAQs, please visit
Improvements, updates, and bug fixes to ensure you have a great experience : )
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The George Institute for Global Health
- 48.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © The George Institute for Global Health