AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them with AU MIDI plugins or from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end for perfect loops.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network. Connect external music machines and synchronize them with MIDI Clock.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing, effect sends, signal splitting
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces for both inputs and outputs
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Route MIDI output from Audio Unit extensions
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link, with Start/Stop support
• Slave external hardware via MIDI Clock
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all AudioShare files
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Multiple Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• First order All-pass filter
• Second order All-pass filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
A quick bugfix for devices running iOS 9.x, and a fix for MIDI filter persistence. All news for 1.3.0 below:
MAJOR NEW FEATURES
• Finally, updated to Ableton Link 3 with start/stop support!
• Add new "MIDI strip" channel type to hold MIDI-only AU plugins.
• Allow importing channels from another session. (Tap IMPORT add-button, or long-press a session file and choose 'Import channels')
• Allow easy duplication of channel strip.
• Allow loading sessions via MIDI actions. Its configuration is saved globally instead of in the session.
• Add MIDI program change as recognized MIDI control messages.
• Add MIDI ctrl for tap tempo.
• Add MIDI action 'Show Plugin' for AUv3 nodes.
• Add MIDI actions for AUv3 preset-loading.
• Avoid stuck notes when bypassing/disconnecting MIDI sources or changing MIDI destination filter/transpose
• Show AU contextName (if set) in plugin title and as node icon subtitle, long-press AU plugin title bar to edit.
• Re-apply preferred samplerate on audio interface route change.
• Remember preferred sample rate on app launch.
• Save preferred instead of current sample rate in session.
• Bring keyboard to front if currently behind the plugin window when tapping plugin window keyboard button.
• Send error string to Audiobus if preset load failed.
• MIDI matrix: highlight source and dest on touch-down.
• Support upside-down portrait on iPhone.
• Improve display of long names in MIDI control table.
• MIDI learn consistency: always ignore the message that triggered the learn.
• Tweak node param-knob and menu button layout for consistency.
• Only update latency compensation on node-bypass if the node has latency.
• Save project: save when tapping Return on keyboard.
• Various minor UI and layout tweaks.
• Keep connections to MIDI Control from permanent MIDI sources on load/new session.
• Minor optimizations for MIDI Control.
• AUv3 Transpose: ignore extra bytes in note messages (hello Thesys).
• Clear MIDI matrix when loading session so it isn't keeping connections from previous session.
• Don't crash when trying to MIDI-control parameters of a crashed AU plugin.
• NodePicker: avoid keyboard on iPhone.
• NodePicker: fix memory leak if dismissed while in search mode.
• NodePicker: hide 'remove slot' button while searching.
• NodePicker: hide search if collection empty.
• Make sure we don't free MIDI sources/destinations too early. Hopefully avoids rare crash...
• Improve MIDI safety when AU plugin was invalidated (crashed).
• Update MIDI matrix correctly if visible while loading session.
Ratings and Reviews
Ne reconnaît pas les effets sur iOS 11
Il a l'air top mais le coup des effets que l'on ne peut pas charger... Ca le fait pas du tout pour 21 euros...
Ça marche sur mon iPad iOS 10 mais Pas sur celui en iOS 11...les effets ne se chargent pas ...
Quand Ca sera bon je mettrai 5 étoiles..
Édit : j’ai trouvé la solution .. au moment où l’appli ne veut pas se loader , aller dans les préférences et changer la position de micro de l’appli en question .. puis reloader ..
Appli géniale ..
Demande : un bouton playstop à côté de chaque app pour pouvoir les déclencher directement de la fenêtre de Aum...
L’environnement de rêve par le meilleur développeur d’applis musicaux sur iOS. Très stable, fluide et inspirant
Very good app / excellente app
I am playing music as a hobby. This app is extremely good in many ways, the GUI first is very clever and quickly understandable, the midi routing is blazing fast. I own almost all the synthesizers, the effects and daw of the apple store and it is the first time that I am able to connect all this stuff in a so easy way. I can unleash my creativity (like before in others app when I loaded an instrument in a track I was always wondering how is it going to receive my midi information from my external keyboard or how to route the audio from this app to this effect?). Here there is no question like this. Load your app and play! For a beginner like me on ipad production It is a must have.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.