A Simple, Fun Timer is designed for teachers - or anyone else who needs to set timed tasks for groups of children in a classroom or similar environment.
This Pro version of this app includes the following features not available on the Lite version:
• To keep things fresh there are over 50 Alarm clock / Background theme combinations (with more to come!)
• The app can continue to countdown in the background, so you can switch between applications during the countdown. This is configurable in the apps settings screen.
• No Adverts from third parties.
• Displays the amount of time elapsed on the main app screen, as well as the amount of time left -this can be enabled / disabled from the settings screen.
• Show the actual time on the main app screen - this can be enabled / disabled from the settings screen.
How does it work?
The teacher sets the target amount of time for the class to perform a particular task. The countdown timer is then started. The timer can be viewed from the Apple device itself or displayed on a larger format device such as an interactive board or TV screen using screen mirroring features of the Apple Devices.
If the class completes the task in the defined time limit the teacher can tap the "tick" button and the "Well Done" screen is displayed and a fanfare sound effect is played. However, if the class run out of time the Alarm rings on the clock, the clock bounces around the screen and then explodes in a comic fashion.
This app really encourages students to complete any assigned task, the students can see graphically how much time they have left to complete the task.
The teacher is able to pause, restart and reset the timer at any time. The app has an audible "ticking" sound when the timer is running, the teacher can enable and disable this by simply tapping the speaker button on the apps main screen. The Fanfare and Explosion sound effects can be controlled via the audio controls on the Apple device.
This is a simple but fun and engaging app to assist the teacher in their classroom management activities.
Users are able to send feedback, make enhancement requests or report any issues from inside the app.
Fixed a bug reported by one of our customers, causing the app to not display on some devices.
Please let us know if you have any issues with the app or you can think of any ways in which it could be improved, we always repond to any emails we receive.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.