The #1 Blog Editor for the Mac!
MarsEdit is the best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
Free to download! Unlock a free trial in the app, purchase a full license, or continue to use the app for free to maintain an archive on your Mac and work locally with your published blog posts.
- Works with WordPress, Micro.blog, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens of other systems that support standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with macOS 10.12 or higher.
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
This update includes the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Fix the Set Date panel to default to Today again as it used to
- Fix an issue that prevented Quick Post documents from prompting to save changes
- Improve the contrast of status bar text in Dark Mode
- Fix the Preview Window's default template to be dark styled in Dark Mode
- Fix an issue where "View on Web" would go to the web home page instead of the specific post
- Disable Quick Look in "Uploaded" section of Media Manager because it doesn't work properly yet
- The selected blog in Preferences now automatically switches to the selected blog in the main window
Version 4.5.6 included these changes:
- Fix an issue where an unedited document might be marked as edited
- Fix a crash that could happen when configuring a blog with an invalid URL
- Fix a crash that could occur when refreshing a WordPress blog with ICO format images in library
- Fix an issue where the main window's refreshing progress indicator could get stuck
- Fix an issue where the specified author of a post was not saved/restored on local drafts
- Revise the style of prompts in the post editor to use a more standard format
- Avoid a hang in the app when trying to publish a post to an improperly configured blog
Version 4.5.5 was a quick fix to prevent a crashing bug that could occur when the main window's post list is empty.
Version 4.5.4 added an option for media syncing to download only thumbnail-sized images, for folks who don't want to download a complete archive of the images on their blog. It also includes a fix for editing Page type entries on WordPress blogs, and a variety of other fixes:
- Support a new per-blog option to download only thumbnails instead of full-sized image files from WordPress blogs
- Fix an issue that caused editing WordPress Page entries to prompt for a password
- Improve error messages for WordPress blogs when user is not permitted to perform certain tasks
- Relative dates of items in the post list are now updated periodically to keep them accurate
- Fix an issue that caused blank posts to be opened at launch in some instances
- Revise the appearance of progress panels displayed by the app
Version 4.5.3 included refinements to the Media Manager as well as a variety of miscellaneous fixes:
- Restore ability to drag files from the Uploads list to the post content or featured image
- Fixed a crash when dragging images from Apple Photos in the Media Manager
- Control-clicking an item in the Media Manager now selects it before presenting a contextual menu
- Fixed a bug that caused the post editor window to become frontmost after it finished sending to blog
- Fixed a bug that prevented all tags from being deleted from an already-published WordPress post
- Scripted replacement of text in plain text editor now preserves selection
- "Edit Read More Content" menu item now works even if the text content area was not focused
Version 4.5.2 included a number of refinements to the WordPress media syncing functionality added in version 4.5, and a few other fixes:
- Improved performance when loading a large number of freshly synced media item
- Can now separately specify the number of media items, posts, and pages, to download/sync from a blog
- Fix a bug that caused the wrong image to be dragged/inserted when selecting items with a search filter in place
- Fix the sort order of posts when using the search/filter in the main window
- No longer showing media items in the main blog post list when searching for posts
- Fix a crashing bug when selecting "View on Web" for a blog with a home page URL that has a space in it
Version 4.5 was a substantial update featuring support for syncing WordPress media items, among other things.
Please leave a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot.
Questions or concerns about the app? Get in touch at email@example.com. Thank you!
Notes et avis
Confidentialité de l’app
Le développeur Red Sweater Software a indiqué que le traitement des données tel que décrit ci‑dessous pouvait figurer parmi les pratiques de l’app en matière de confidentialité. Pour en savoir plus, consultez la politique de confidentialité du développeur.
Données n’établissant aucun lien avec vous
Les données suivantes peuvent être collectées, mais elles ne sont pas liées à votre identité :
Les pratiques en matière de confidentialité peuvent varier, notamment en fonction des fonctionnalités que vous utilisez ou de votre âge. En savoir plus
- Red Sweater Software
- 20,2 Mo
- Nécessite macOS 10.12 ou version ultérieure.
- © 2021 Red Sweater Software
- Achats intégrés
- 14-Day Free Trial 0,00 €
- "MarsEdit 4 Full License" 49,99 €
- Upgrade from MarsEdit 3 24,99 €
- Recent Upgrade from MarsEdit 3 0,00 €
Prend en charge
Jusqu’à six membres de la famille peuvent utiliser cette app lorsque le partage familial est activé.