SILO helps you stay focused by using the Apple Watch to tap you on the wrist during focus-break (pomodoro) cycles.
Emerging studies show that taking breaks between long periods of uninterrupted focus is a healthy way to increase productivity.
How it works
To start, simply press the Focus button. Based on the 25-5-4 focus-break method (e.g. pomodoro or time boxing). After 25 minutes of focus, SILO taps you on the wrist to take a 5 minute break. After the break, SILO taps you again reminding you to get back to work, and the cycle repeats a total of four cycles.
Everyone works differently. The focus and break timers are adjustable (right from your Watch) allowing you to try different intervals, and find your rhythm.
While you focus, SILO tracks your work-hours. Hours are automatically calculated at the end of your sessions. There's nothing else you need to do. Check out your stats on your Watch to see your bi-weekly hours worked.
Complications on the Apple Watch face is a quick way to check the timer status—and take you directly to the app. Add the SILO complication from your Watch or the Watch app on your iPhone.
Silence speaks volumes
Using the power of the Apple Watch Taptic Engine, SILO can silently nudge you without distracting others around you.
Using SILO on the Apple Watch lets you work in quiet spaces (library or office) without disturbing others nearby. Also, distraction-free mode (Airplane mode) mutes incoming notifications so you can focus without interruptions from your phone.
**New** now with airplane mode enabled, SILO prevents distracting notifications from interrupting your focus session.
* Simple focus-break interval timer.
* Haptic feedback for silent working.
* Standalone Apple Watch app.
* Tracks work hours.
* Complications for Apple Watch.
* Adjust timers from Watch.
* Distraction-free airplane mode.
* Use iPhone to focus if no Watch available.
* Skip to focus/break for when you're on a roll.
* Session pause and resume.
In a distraction abundant world, focusing and taking breaks keeps your mind fresh and sharp. With SILO at your side (or on your wrist), it's like having a personal motivator—keeping you focused on the task at hand.
Learn more at silofocus.com
iPhone X optimization
- Apple Watch Complications
- Hour tracking
For best results delete SILO from iPhone and reinstall
Reach out to us: silofocus.com/support
Ratings and Reviews
Still lots of things to do
1. No sync between iPhone and iWatch apps, they behave like two different applications.
2. In a cycle, you go from pause to work and to pause automatically, no way to tell it to wait for my "ok" to start the next work/pause session.
3. No way to Configure iWatch app in iPhone
4. Still some bugs. According to this application I worked "1e+2" hours yesterday.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the bad experience. I am working on a fix and update. Hope you will reconsider this 1-star review, I am an independent developer so it just takes me a bit longer – not giving up though!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.