Sophos Authenticator is a simple and intuitive application that provides multi-factor authentication on your mobile device. It generates both time-based and event-based one-time passwords (OTP) according to RFC 6238 and RFC 4226.
Once configured, 2-step authentication protects your account by requiring both your password and an additional code, thus adding an extra layer of security. The app will generate these codes for you in a convenient way, directly on your smartphone or tablet, without the need for Internet connection. Sophos Authenticator does not only operate with a Sophos account, but also with accounts from Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Github and all the other providers who implement authentication in this standardised way.
- Can generate both time-based (TOTP) and counter-based (HOTP) codes
- SHA-1, SHA-256 and SHA-512 hash algorithm supported
- Add an account easily by simply scanning a QR code with your device camera or by manual input
- Great flexibility: the time-step for TOTP accounts can be any number of seconds and is not limited to 30 seconds
- HOTP accounts can use any given initial counter and don't have to start from the beginning
- Generated codes can be 6 or 8 digits wide
- Your secret keys are stored in encrypted form on the app keychain
- No Internet/network connection needed, everything happens offline
- Accounts can be easily sorted in the list
- Copy any generated code to the clipboard by tapping on it
Account data can now be modified after creation: username, issuer, token type, time-step/counter, hashing algorithm, token digits. The secret key remains the same and cannot be modified.
Notes et avis
I have enable 2 steps authentication for gmail and outlook.
Works perfectly well, 2 seconds to setup.
Prend en charge
Jusqu’à six membres de la famille peuvent utiliser cette app lorsque le partage familial est activé.