1-Bit Rogue is a simple roguelike!
It’s a monochrome game featuring super simple retro pixelart!
Features a chiptune soundtrack for that nostalgic PSG sound chip feel!
- A 50-floor randomized dungeon
- Defeat dragons and collect artifacts!
- Weapons decay with use -- if they hit 0, they’ll break!
- Choose from five classes (including a ninja!)
- Also features a final boss and epic ending!
How to play:
- Use the virtual D-pad to move in four directions
- Long-tap to skip a turn
- Use coins to level up
Access the level up menu from the bottom left of the title screen
- Art direction/game design/graphics/sound: Skipmore
- Programming/level design: Kan Kikuchi
- Translation: NEP
When you purchase "3-bit color mode", remove banner ads and popup ads.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A retro RPG for a modern world
The game is a fun, simplistic RPG in which you operate a basic character on a turn by turn movement/action structure.
The game offers several character types that use a variety of abilities to allow you to play through the various levels of the game in different ways.
The only downside to this game is when there are no weapons for your class type for a number of levels which can lead to an easy death.
A satisfying and morish blast from the past, but don’t think this is only nostalgia! While the gameplay is simple enough and typical of the genre, I find myself playing game after game to collect the artefacts for each class, go deeper and level up, and find new weapons, spells and monsters. Well worth a download and, in my opinion, tipping the devs for the 3-bit version! Thanks guys
Fun little adventure game
Really enjoying this one, paid the £2.99 and no more ads, so give it a go and don’t complain about ads, the developer needs paid somehow.
- Kan Kikuchi
- 64.4 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © kan.kikuchi
- In-App Purchases
- 3-bit color mode £2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.