Queen Square in Bristol was host to one of Bristol's historic riots, which you can now explore with this GPS-triggered audio play - which was a world first when it was first made in 2004.
Move around Queen Square to hear the sounds of the riot, as the story unfolds around you.
This version of 1831 RIOT! is a Satsymph remake of the groundbreaking 2004 version for updated media. Ralph Hoyte idea-initiated the original project and 1831 RIOT! was then co-created by Liz Crow and Ralph Hoyte for Mobile Bristol with Hewlett-Packard Labs and the University of Bristol.
The Regional History Centre at the University of the West of England, Bristol are hosting this updated version.
Bug fixes to GPS and audio playback.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Calvium Ltd
- 57.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Satsymph
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.