Learn, discover and explore 3D shapes and their properties.
Aimed at primary school children (aged 4-11), this app teaches the properties of 3D shapes in an intuitive and interactive way. It allows children to learn by manipulating solid and wireframe geometric models.
Based on DB Primary's teacher tools used in primary schools across the UK and designed to meet the needs of the 2015 National Curriculum, "3D Shapes - Primary Learning" is a clear and intuitive tool to teach shapes and 3D geometry to young minds. Teachers, children and parents are able to use this app to compare different shapes with each other, see how they are constructed from flat nets, and explore the relationships between vertices, edges and faces.
Specific National Curriculum learning objectives covered include:
• Identify and describe the properties of 3-D shapes, including the number of edges, vertices and faces
• Recognise and name common 2-D and 3-D shapes
• Identify 2-D shapes on the surface of 3-D shapes, for example a circle on a cylinder and a triangle on a pyramid
• Recognise, describe and build simple 3-D shapes, including making nets
• Use everyday language to talk about size, weight, capacity, position, distance, time and money to compare quantities and objects and to solve problems
• Explore characteristics of everyday objects and shapes and use mathematical language to describe them
• Identify 3-D shapes, including cubes and other cuboids, from 2-D representations
• Compare and classify geometric shapes, including quadrilaterals and triangles, based on their properties and sizes
• Draw 2-D shapes and make 3-D shapes using modelling materials; recognise 3-D shapes in different orientations and describe them
DB Primary is part of the successful New Era global education group, supporting thousands of schools and millions of users. New Era is a market leader in educational software solutions, specialising in products for primary schools.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Great interactive learning
I used this for teaching with great success. The pupils love it, and it comes with clear learning objectives.
Brilliant tool for the children and teachers to use.
Clean & Simple
Found this app great to use with my son. Very fun and easy to use.
The developer, New Era Education Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Editure Education Services UK Ltd
- 6.7 MB
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 New Era Education Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.