"I am not sure that I've ever seen a more compelling 'show-don't-tell' educational tool than 4D Toys." –Ars Technica
What if you received a box filled with mysterious toys from a fourth spatial dimension?
• Playfully explore and marvel at beautiful shapes powered by a groundbreaking 4D+time physics system.
• Poke, throw, roll and watch as they disappear into a dimension you can't see.
• Get an intuitive feel for how four-dimensional objects behave:
• Become a child of the fourth dimension.
In this case the 4D is not time but a 4th dimension of space that works just like the first three dimensions we are familiar with. If you count time these toys are 5D. It turns out that the rules of how objects bounce, slide and roll around can be generalized to higher dimensions, and this unique toy lets you experience what that would look like.
• Over 130 beautiful interactive scenes to play with, with more to be added in updates.
• Groundbreaking 4D+Time Physics Engine that uses new mathematics created for this project.
• Multi-touch & Accelerometer support for rich interactivity.
• 2D/3D "Flatland" Interactive 10 Page Book/Explanation that teaches by analogy about a fourth spatial dimension.
Some things to do:
• Manage to fit the hypercube into the hyperhole!
• Use the 4D shapes as fancy, perfectly symmetric, fair dice that have 5, 8, 16, 24, or even 120 and 600 sides!
• Unbind Rings using the fourth dimension!
• Make a stack of 4D hypercubes and smash it!
• Set up an interesting path for a few 4D dominoes!
• Make levers that throw hypercubes into the fourth dimension!
• Use multitouch to "squeeze" out objects into the fourth dimension!
• Play in a 4D ball pit!
• See Tesseracts (i.e. 4D hypercubes) slide down slopes!
* iPhoneX screen support
* Minor bug fixes and improvements
* 14 new shapes:
- Rectified 120Cell
- Runcinated 120Cell
- Truncated 120Cell
- Rectified 600Cell
- Truncated 600Cell
- Omnitruncated Tesseract (Faces)
- BiTruncated 24Cell (Faces)
- Cantellated 24Cell (Faces)
- Runcinated 24Cell (Faces)
- Grand Antiprism (Faces)
- Biparabigyrated Cantellated Tesseract
- Bi-Icositetradiminished 600Cell
- Square Magnabicupolic Ring
- Castellated Rhombicosidodecahedral Prism
Ratings and Reviews
It is just such a good app! It teaches you about the fourth dimension really well but it also is fun to just mess around with the toys. It even has a bit of a story and a tutorial at the start. There is an explanation part of the app where it helps you understand the fourth dimension and even dimensions after that! I’ve been playing for a while and I found out there is two hidden shapes in the game that don’t have an outline around them in the menu. My hint is think outside the box (or the menu for that matter). Overall it is a peaceful yet fun game to come back to often and enjoy. Definitely recommend it to anyone who likes more peaceful games and is interested in science or the idea of other dimensions.
Can't get my hands off it!
This game is very well made. This game is actually 5D because there is also 1 time dimension. I recommend this to everyone who wants to try a game with 4 spacial dimensions and 1 time dimension on mobile.
there are only 2 things i would like to see, one of them is a button similar to in miegakure where you can swap one of the axes with the 4th, and the other is a tesseract with edges coloured and/or labeled with the 4 axes
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.