*** Four BAFTA-nominations -- TIME Game of 2014 -- IGF Award for Narrative Excellence -- IMGA Award for Narrative -- DICE nominated
*** "We’ve been dreaming about this future for decades. Guess what? It’s here." - New York Times
*** "Interactive storytelling as its best" - The Guardian
*** 9/10 Edge Magazine
*** #16 in IGN's "best iOS games ever"
*** #1 iOS game for August on Metacritic
Race around the globe in 80 Days or less, travelling by airship, submarine, mechanical camel, steam-train and more, racing other players and a clock that never stops.
* "This brilliant interactive novel re-imagines Phileas Fogg's journey around the world... One of the finest examples of branching narrative yet created." - The Telegraph
* "For people who love high adventures and good writing, 80 Days is a voyage that must be taken" - The Verge
* "A brilliantly paced, memorable and quite frankly terrific piece of modern interactive fiction, that masterfully blends strategy, resource management and adventure" - IndieGames.com
* "one of the best iOS games of the year." - iLounge
150 cities to explore. Detailed research and techno-fantasy combine in an 1872 of tensions, inventions and exploration. Climb the Burmese mountains, trek the Zulu Federation, sail up the Amazon and disappear under the Indian Ocean - but don't fall behind the time! New adventures every time you play.
* "This is modern storytelling that engages and delights, and the bold, stylish artwork gives 80 Days almost a graphic novel feel. Pack your case, armchair Passepartout - adventure awaits!" - Joystiq
* "Is it a game? Is it a story? Both, really. And a delight." - The Telegraph - Best Novels of 2014
* "Could be the best interactive fiction game out there" - 148 Apps
* "A sublime video game to immerse yourself in" - The Examiner
* "One of the most extraordinarily memorable and unique games I’ve played in years" - Pocket Tactics
* "Everything about this game is perfect" - AppAdvice
* "Innovative and extraordinary, and unpredictable fun" - Apps Zoom
* "Rich with ideas, brilliantly written, and creates a world that you'll want to visit over and over again" - PocketGamer (gold award)
Featuring stunning art by Jaume Illustration, a half-million word script by Meg Jayanth, original music by Laurence Chapman, and built using the same ink engine that powers our critically-acclaimed Sorcery! series, 80 DAYS is an interactive adventure created by your choices, on the fly, and is different every time you play.
Playing as Phileas Fogg's loyal valet, Passepartout, you must balance your master's health, your finances, and the time, as you choose your own path from city to city all the way around the world. Bribe your way onto early departures, but don't let yourself go bankrupt or you'll be sleeping rough and begging for aid! Trade items for profit, and collect the equipment for the conditions you'll face: but too much luggage will slow you down...
80 DAYS is a breakneck race, with an in-game clock that never stops running. Trains, steamers, hot-air balloons, boats, camels, horses and more leave and arrive minute by minute.
Every city and journey is narrated via an interactive story where you control every action. Will your choices speed you up - or lead you into disaster? Will you earn Fogg's trust and respect? Will you uncover the secrets and short-cuts that can shave days off your time? Murder, romance, rebellion and intrigue await!
The app is networked, with a feed that shows you the position of all the other players of the game, their routes, triumphs and disasters. You can race to be the fastest - or look ahead to learn the secrets of the world.
Share your own journey with friends, and load other's routes directly into your app so you can race head-to-head.
80 DAYS is a complete experience, with no in-app purchases, and was made by a core team of just four people. If you enjoy it, please leave a rating, and check out our Sorcery! series.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated for iPhone X! Multiplayer is back! And some previous engine trouble in the last version has been fixed thanks to a handy No. 2 wrench.
We're back to working on our new game, Heaven's Vault, but for those who want to go around the world on your iPhone X, now you can - and race others while you do so. Enjoy!
Ratings and Reviews
Based on Jules Verne’s classic story, 80 Days takes you around the world in a choose-your-own-adventure game that'll have you riveted. Every person you meet, every thing you purchase—and even what you choose to pack—has an impact on your trip and can lead to a victorious journey or an utter failure. Inkle Studios’ beautiful creation is stitched together with wonderful typography, gorgeous music and a story you’ll return to time and time again.
59 days : addicted
Don't be put off by the black and white graphics and strong loyalty to the tone of the book, (assuming you know this was a book, I'm looking at you, the under 25s).
It's a slow starter but 100% worth it, it grows on you and you find yourself looking forward to getting home to play it.
Once completed, (no mean feat), you can play again and again using different routes, different answers to conversations, different reactions to problems/attacks/love interests, it's a real spider web of possible outcomes - and on top of all the adventuring you can buy and trade in the markets, to fund your journey. If you're playing this right you should never need to stop at a bank!
And the cherry on the cake - you learn some geography and some history.
Wonderful story, poor game.
Had the game recommended to me by a friend who loves choose your own adventure books. Knowing I share his passion he invited me in the game world that 80 days uncurls.
The story, as you trundle, sail, fly and flounder around the glob, is a triumph of story and choice.
Words of dense description flow to create sentences and paragraphs that form a picture of steampunk 19th living that rivals any film or book in recent memory.
But this is an app of 2 half’s. Where the story shines, the game shudders and spits posing more problems than possibilities.
My main issue was the actual lack of choice when money ran out. And I promise you, your reserves will dry up.
When the purse string are cut and you can’t afford a room for the night never mind a carriage for travel, you will be stuck. I expected a darker underbelly of a world to reveal itself. A world where crime would pay or you’d locked up to loose a couple of days.
But no, instead you’re left waiting for the bank to cough up. Or resort to shine a few shoes.
So instead of enjoying a grand adventure, the game falls into micro resource management. Instead of the game offering exciting alternatives such as falling to the dark side and pilfering the coffers of the locals, you’re left to wait. And wait. And wait.
For all the choice you have normally, you actually have no choice when you run out of cash.
So if you don’t like managing money, I’d consider leaving this game by the way side.
The developer, inkle, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- inkle Ltd
- 193.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2014 inkle Ltd
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.