AN OSCAR WORTHY APP - 8mm was used by director Malik Bendjelloul in his Oscar-winning film "Searching for Sugar Man"!
The original retro film camera used by millions of users.
8mm Vintage Camera captures the beauty and magic of old school vintage movies right through your viewfinder. Dust and scratches, retro colors, flickering, light leaks, even frame shakes, all can be instantly added with a single tap of the finger.
RECORD VIDEOS WITH SOPHISTICATED LIVE EFFECTS
• Total live view of the effects. What you see in the viewfinder is what you get.
• Support up to 4K HD recording with real time video effects.
INSTANTLY SWITCH EFFECTS FOR 70 DIFFERENT LOOKS
• 8 Lenses: Super 8, 16mm, Clear, Flickering Frame, Spotlight, Light Leak, Color Fringing and Classic.
• 13 Retro & Aged Films: 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo, Tuscan, Two-Color, 2-Strip and 3-X.
• Jitter Button to imitate frame shakes of real 8mm projectors.
• Sound Switch to add projector sound for extra authenticity or mute the video for a silent movie effect.
APPLY EFFECTS TO EXISTING VIDEOS
• Apply and adjust effects while playing a video from Photo library.
CREATE PRO-QUALITY MOVIES FROM 8MM CLIPS
• Choose from 5 unique themes with matching titles, transitions & music. Free themes: Minimalism, Elegant. In-App Purchase themes: Silent Film, Countdown, Light Leak.
• Add soundtrack from iTunes library.
• Better support for iOS 13
• Support for Dark Mode (requires iOS 13)
• Optimized for iPad Pro's screen size
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Shooting movies on film may be a dying art, but just because we live in the digital age doesn’t mean we have to abandon our analogue past. We get warm, nostalgic fuzzies from 8mm Vintage Camera’s grainy, flickery film filters and lens effects, conjuring up memories of vacation travelogues screened in wood-panelled basements. It’s not just about old-school kicks, though—this powerful suite of tools can give any video an authentic period look.
Hey guys. I absolutely love this app & have used it frequently over the time that I've had it. However, I do have a suggestion as to how it could be improved:
I love how you can use music with the videos, however I would like to be able to choose the starting point for the song. I find myself using other apps for this reason & it gets annoying! I love the simplicity of this app but I find apps like Filmora more appealing now as it's free and offers a LOT more editing options. To be able to crop the video, rotate it & add different elements to my clips for free makes it seem silly to keep a paid for app that offers half of that. Still, for what it is, this is a brilliant app.
Thankyou guys :) Holly
Fab app! Huge fun and very authentic and versatile.
Just one thing! If only manual exposure could be added, it would be so much better!
- NEXVIO INC.
- 28.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Nexvio Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Countdown Theme £0.99
- Light Leak Theme £0.99
- Silent Film Theme £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.