Abacus Accounts is a double-entry bookkeeping application, suitable for keeping the accounts of any business or other organisation (or even your personal accounts). It supports accounts for up to 10 separate entities.
Various types of accounts can be set up, to suit your organisation. Selections are made using buttons or menu options, whilst transaction entries are made through popup panels. The program is flexible, with VAT/Tax rates being customisable. However, it has been designed to be quick and easy to use.
The essential bookkeeping requirements are covered, such as VAT/Tax (optional), tracking of customer/supplier balances and all the normal end of year reports. You are also able to create and print (or email) customised customer invoices. Please note that the app does not connect to UK HMRC directly, but will export the MTD VAT data, which can be transmitted electronically, using a 'bridging' application. More information is available on the website.
A detailed description of how to use the package is included in the help pages.
Technical support is available by email, free of charge.
Please visit the website (www.abacusaccounts.net) for more information.
Some of the features:
* Easy to use double-entry accounting package.
* Supports Multiple Companies or other organisations (up to 10).
* Chart of accounts defined by the user (including bank accounts, credit card accounts, asset, liability, equity, income and expense accounts).
* Track bank accounts, credit cards, income, expense, assets, depreciation, liabilities etc..
* Ability to delete (void) or edit transactions.
* Enter customer and supplier invoices/credit notes.
* Track customer and supplier payments/balances.
* Protect entries using a 'Closing date'.
* Reconcile bank accounts & credit card accounts.
* Recurring Bank Account/Credit Card payments & Bank deposits.
* Repeat (memorised) transactions.
* Journal entries.
* Attach an image or pdf file to a transaction.
* VAT/GST/Tax calculated automatically, based on rate defined.
* Supports VAT Flat Rate scheme.
* Comprehensive Reports (see below).
* Exporting of reports to CSV files.
* Print (or email) customer invoices/credit notes (using your own logo or headed paper).
* Backup and Restore function.
* Detailed Help pages (including video screencasts).
* Fast email support.
* Balance Sheet (3 alternative formats)
* Profit & Loss (alternative formats)
* Trial Balance
* All/Selected Accounts
* Customer/Supplier Reports
* Customer Sales Summary Report
* VAT Report/VAT Detailed report (Accrual or Cash basis)
* Cash Flow Report
* Journals Report
Split Bank Payments/Deposits (to two accounts).
Other minor improvements.
Corrected a problem with 'Repeat' transaction function.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Text Search Function Is A Good Improvement
I rarely write reviews, but have found this app to be useful & very stable, unlike others I have used previously. Text search function is a definite improvement & maybe in a future update we could have the results of the search in a seperate window?
A very good simple app - that does does exactly what is needed
I am a CIMA accountant and tried the more sophisticated apps (Xero) but found them too complicated. yes the graphs are nice but the basics too hard.
Abacus is really good for the following reasons:
1. Its simple to use and customise
2. Its effective - no frills
3. It doesn’t bother with payroll (I use a separate HMRC approved tool for that)
4. Its reliable and the support from Tony is rapid and precise
Update: the recent update to allow repeat journals is very helpful
Simple, Effective, Cheap
Outstanding software, very easy to use without having to pay a fortune for a suscription. I run a medium size car repair garage and this is software is ideal. Highly recommend.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.