About Herbs is presented by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s Integrative Medicine Service. This app works on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch devices.
• More than 200 monographs describing the structure, purported uses, adverse effects, and drug interactions of various herbs, botanicals, supplements, complementary therapies, and more
• Objective information backed by scientific references
• Two different versions of each monograph: one written for healthcare professionals and one for consumers
• Search by product or service name, or by medical condition
• Save favorites and explore featured products and services
• Weekly updates with new and updated monographs
• Access content offline after the app has been downloaded, with no Internet connection needed
• Original artist renderings of each product and service
• Share content by e-mailing the link for a monograph on our About Herbs website
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and outstanding educational programs. In this app, our Integrative Medicine Service, under the leadership of a pharmacist and botanicals expert, provides comprehensive, objective information about herbs, botanicals, supplements, complementary therapies, and more.
The content in this app is provided as general health information only. It is not to be used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment of any health condition or problem. Any questions regarding your own health should be addressed to your own physician or other healthcare provider.
* Updates to external web links and bug fixes to the download of herb updates.
* Centered the browse and search buttons for a more consistent experience across different device sizes.
NOTE: Those with older versions installed must delete the app first before installing to prevent crashes after upgrading. If you've already upgraded and having crashes, please delete first and get the application again.
Ratings and Reviews
I've just updated and now the app won't open.
Well researched and concise app on a range of herbal medicines. Great stuff and free!
Updated. Won't open. Deleted.
Why don't you test these things?
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- 56.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2015 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.