ABRSM Speedshifter 4+
Slow down your music
The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
Designed for musicians, Speedshifter is a practice tool that enables you to adjust the speed of any audio track without altering the pitch. It is perfect for musical, slow practice to a recorded accompaniment. Developed by ABRSM (the exam board of the Royal Schools of Music), it can be used with any compatible track in your music library* to help you learn new pieces.
Speedshifter can also be used to:
- listen closely to tricky pieces you’re finding particularly hard to learn by slowing them down
- focus on specific sections using the loop function
- transpose a track up or down in semitones to fit with a preferred key or range
- set a reference tempo (BPM) by tapping in time with a track
- store tapped BPM and loop points automatically (once you’ve registered)
- sync BPM and loop settings seamlessly across devices once you’ve downloaded the free desktop version (www.abrsm.org/speedshifter)
- sound a tuning note – simply shake for an A!
*Speedshifter supports playback of MP3, M4A, AIFF and WAV files stored directly on your device in the music library. It cannot play files downloaded or streamed via Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer, etc; or files stored online in iTunes Match.
New app icon
Ratings and Reviews
Was working fine for years until a month ago where it just stopped working. The app freezes every time i open it and doesn’t allow me to select music. Tried deleting and reinstalling but still no change, really disappointed!
Be warned, doesn’t work with downloads from music Apple Music
Although the developer does warn you that the music must be downloaded for the app to function properly (and therefore, won’t work with music stored online), the app still doesn’t work even if you’ve downloaded music that’s part of your monthly subscription Apple Music service. The music will just keep ‘loading’ forever!
In short, this app will only work with music you’ve actually purchased individually AND downloaded. Other reviews mention the same problem, but the developer’s replies do not indicate that this is normal behaviour from the app and that Apple Music subscription downloads should work, but none of mine do.
In any case, I will be demanding my money back.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment. As you correctly observe, Speedshifter is not compatible with Apple Music. For further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A very useful app that works well on both my computer and ipad to slow down music and practice along with piano parts. I use it regularly in lessons with students. It can sometimes be a little slow to load but I stringly suspect that is my iPad rather than the app as it is slow running everything.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- 15.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.