Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a free, powerful, yet intuitive photo editor. Lightroom empowers you to create beautiful photos while helping you become a better photographer. Learn how below.
• PRESETS: Make dramatic changes to your photos with our single touch photo editor
• PROFILES: Use these one-tap miracles to create visually striking changes to the look-and-feel of your photo edits
• CURVES: Make advanced photo edits to change color, exposure, tone, and contrast
• COLOR MIXER: Refine and tweak colors on your photo to make them pop
• CLARITY, TEXTURE & DEHAZE: Breathe life into your photo edits with these industry-leading tools
• INTERACTIVE TUTORIALS: Get inspired and learn how to make the photo edits you want by completing step-by-step lessons curated by fellow photographers
• PRO-LEVEL CAMERA: Unlock your phone’s potential with unique controls such as exposure, aperture, wide or telephoto lens, instant presets and more
• CUTTING-EDGE CAMERA MODES: Get more detailed shots with advanced capture modes such as raw, professional, and HDR
• ORGANIZE & MANAGE: Use folders, albums, star ratings and flags to highlight your best photos
Take your photography to the next level with Lightroom Premium! Upgrade to unlock easy-to-use tools like the Healing Brush, selective adjustments, geometry, cloud storage, Adobe Sensei, and more.
• HEALING BRUSH: Take complete control of your image by removing just about anything from your photo
• SELECTIVE ADJUSTMENTS: Precisely edit any part of a photo with your finger or Apple Pencil to apply enhancements with exact detail
• GEOMETRY: Create super clean shots with straight lines by adjusting the perspective of your image with powerful upright and geometry slider tools
• RAW EDITING: Import raw photos from your DSLR or mirrorless camera to your phone allowing you to edit them anywhere
• ADOBE SENSEI: Harness the power of artificial intelligence to auto tag and organize your photos based on the objects or people in them. A quick search for “mountains” or “Maria” will surface all the photos with those elements in them
• CREATIVE CLOUD STORAGE: Back up your original photos and edits to access them on other devices and on web
If you are on an iPad, be sure to download “Adobe Lightroom for iPad”
Premium (Optional in-app purchase)
The recurring monthly payment is automatically charged to your iTunes account. To stop service, go to account Settings and turn off auto-renew at least 24-hours before the end of your billing period. Prorating is unavailable — when you turn off auto-renew, service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.
Use of Adobe mobile apps and online services requires registration for a free Adobe ID as part of a free Creative Cloud membership. Adobe online services require an Internet connection, are not available in all countries or languages, and may be subject to change or discontinuation without notice.
• Bugfixes and stability improvements
• Interactive Tutorials: Found within the new Home section, interactive tutorials provide a free way to learn a wide variety of editing techniques while working within the app. Access tutorials from a range of professional photographers and photo educators, and apply the edits, step-by-step, right within Lightroom. More tutorials and authors are being added all the time.
• Inspirational Photos & Edits: Found within the new Home section, browse through different categories of photos and tap to open and see how the photo was edited, step-by-step.
• Texture: Accentuate or smooth medium sized details such as skin, bark, and hair with the new Texture slider, available in the Effects section, Local Adjustment Brush, Radial Filter and Graduated Filter.
• [Premium] Group Albums: Invite friends, families, coworkers, and others to add their photos to your albums.
• ACR Integration: Support for latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 11.3 release (the full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras).
• Turkish and Indonesian Language Support: Halo to our friends in Indonesia and merhaba to our Turkish friends!
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent... but need virtual copy ability
There’s too much to say about this app and its computer version - excellent in so many ways.. I couldn’t do without it.
I reluctantly removed a star for one very important reason: the inability to create virtual copies on the iPhone; this is something that is necessary to making edits on your phone as I feel crippled by the inability to do anything at all to the photos, as I don’t want to ruin already crafted pictures by possibly making wrong decisions on the phone, due to colour rendering on the phone not being ideal.
Being able to make copies would allow experimentation and work to be done on the go without fear and then make fuller edits on a computer with a calibrated screen later.
Adobe is a remarkable software house, with excellent apps that have been important to us for many years and usually listen to us, but this really does let the whole concept of the app down and makes it unusable, to a certain extent. Other upgrade features are simply interesting - not really as necessary as copy abilities.
5 stars and full recommendations would be forthcoming with this important feature otherwise.
Let down by common sense.
There needs to be a thorough rethink in lots of areas of this app. For a start don’t advertise a new feature (lightroom now added to shortcuts) if it doesn’t work! I’ve tried to make a shortcut on both my iPhone and my iPad Pro; each time greeted with: ‘could not run import to Lightroom. An unknown error occurred’.
I use shortcuts regularly so I’m confident in my own handling of it.
Another thing which boggles my mind out of all sense is inability to export DNG to a lossless format from the app. If I want a png or tiff I have to do it on my desktop and airdrop it to my iPad. It’s totally retarded. This needs to change entirely before photoshop is released (if ever) as NO ONE will be prepared to spend hours editing a lossy jpg on their iPad photoshop when they could be doing lossless on desktop.
If I had to characterise the faults of Adobe with one sentence it would have to be: too slow to adapt. You need to seriously realise people are moving to mobile platforms; my 2018 iPad Pro has power that is going wasted because companies like this are dragging their heels and maintaining a desktop only environment.
I hope when photoshop is released these issues have been resolved, I hope this won’t be a token app with no thought behind it, after all affinity photo is pretty much perfect right now, so adobe won’t be able to coast on this.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry you've experienced trouble with the shortcut. At this time, we're not able to reproduce the issue so it'd be great if you could reach out to our support team so we can try to troubleshoot. Drop us a line at email@example.com.
We are working on adding in more export options, including lossless export in a coming release.
We do appreciate the feedback and are constantly at work to make the app better and better. /jh
Had some issues with a prepaid account and the new lightroom CC app which took 5 hours on with adobe support to fix, but once sorted the storage issues went away and things started working properly.
As for the app itself, it’s still missing a few key features I used a lot from the full app like photo stitching and HDRs but other than those, features, it can do pretty much everything else the desktop app could do (I don’t use the in-app printing module). I did like looking at my photos on a map but I’m sure they can add that back in over time if enough people request it.
Overall I’m pleased with the experience and being able to jump on my phone, tablet, laptop and desktop and do some editing/rating is a god send for my workflow.
- Adobe Inc.
- 211.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Adobe Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium £4.49
- Lightroom plan 1TB £8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.