ADVICE is an App specifically designed to help sports coaches:
• Promote clean sport
• Promote positive sporting values
• Create optimal sporting environments that may promote confidence, self-esteem, well-being, and enjoyment
• Understand the impact they may have on the choice athletes make
• Build effective relationships with athletes
• Promote fair and ethical behaviour
• Communicate with other coaches and parents
• Answer questions about prohibited substances
The use of performance enhancing drugs represents a threat to European sport, because doping undermines the key principles of open and fair competition. Doping also poses a significant threat to the physical and mental health of athletes. Although once thought of as being the preserve of elite athletes, a recent report containing students from 36 European countries revealed that doping also occurs within grassroots sports.
The ADVICE app is an interactive and thought-provoking resource, which will encourage coaches to consider their views on different scenarios that they could encounter. There are no wrong or right answers to managing the different scenarios within the ADVICE app.
The ADVICE app contains the following modules:
1. ADVICE on Fair Play
2. ADVICE on Substances
3. ADVICE on Supplements
4. ADVICE on Rules
5. ADVICE on Support
You can complete each module by providing your views on different scenarios, reading content, and then reflecting on your answers, with your newly acquired knowledge. There is no specific order in which you are required to complete the modules, and you can decide if and when you complete the modules.
The development of the ADVICE app was co-funded by the European Union, and involves the following partners:
• University of Hull (UK)
• International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education (Germany)
• KEA Fair Play Code Hellas (Greece)
• The Association for International Sport for All (Germany)
• Agence Francaise de Lutte Contre Le Dopage (France)
• Agencia Española de Protección de la Salud en el Deporte (Spain)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- The Distance (mobile) Limited
- 118.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Greek, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © University of Hull
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.