** Affinity Designer supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, 3 & 4, iPad Mini 5 and iPad (early 2017 onwards). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Built with input from some of the world’s leading designers and based on Apple Design award-winning technology, Affinity Designer for iPad takes all the power and precision of our outstanding professional graphic design desktop app and converts it into an incredible immersive experience. It has everything you need to create stunning illustrations, branding, icons, UI/UX designs, print projects, typography, concept art and much more – all completely free from the confines of your desk.
Optimised for iPad
• Metal-accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Designer harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
• External display support with separate configuration options
• Pan and zoom at 120fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimised for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view and split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
• Incredibly accurate results with minimal nodes
Precise vector tools
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing and smart shape tools available
• Powerful contour tool to create abstract objects or increase the width of single open curves
• Pencil and brush stabilisation for drawing super-smooth curves freehand
• Non-destructive Boolean operations
• Live effects, blend modes and image adjustments
• Incredibly smooth gradient and transparency controls
Raster or vector, you decide
• Switch between vector and raster workspaces with a single tap
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviours for the best of both worlds
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork – you can even create your own brushes
• True creative freedom not found in other apps
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• Artistic text and text frames
• Full control over character and paragraph styles
• Flow text along any drawn path
Built for your workflow
• Unlimited artboards
• Saveable history with alternate futures
• Customisable shortcuts using keyboard attachment
• PSD, AI, PDF, EPS, SVG, JPG, TIFF and EXR file support
• Advanced grids, snapping and alignment
• Linked symbols and constraints
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Quickly access royalty free images through the Stock panel
• Select Same and Select Object functions allow you to efficiently match attributes or select all objects of a certain type for easy editing
Perfect colour and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB, PANTONE© and Greyscale colour models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC colour management
• Slice export for exporting multiple elements in a single tap
• Live pixel preview to see exactly how your design will export
- Improved performance with:
- Heavily layered documents (faster rendering during panning and text reflow).
- Placed images.
- Embedded documents.
- Low-memory conditions.
- Improved SVG import/export.
- Added support for most emoji.
- Assorted other small fixes.
- Help & localisation improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
From the makers of Affinity Photo comes this pro-grade graphic-design tool, reinvented for iPad. Whether it’s your job to create the artwork for blockbuster movie posters or you’re considering a side gig making greeting cards, Affinity Designer is a one-stop shop for creative work.
Powerful app but some tool palettes feel unfinished
Initially I was very impressed with this software, but the more I delve the more frustrated I'm getting. Selecting, saving and copying colours feels cumbersome (must use the eyedropper tool). The main toolbars look good but some tool pallets seem unfinished, are cryptic (just numbers), some lead you to odd results with no easy way to return to defaults. Some things like on screen calculators look disproportionally small compared with the rest of the UI, context lists will often only show two or three options at a time even if there's only five options! Saving files to iCloud is unclear.
This app has huge potential and is paving the way for professional level apps on iPad, the canvas is fluid and responsive (apart from the Pen tool which hugely offsets node placement for no reason, hence 4 stars instead of 5), the multitouch gestures work well, it seems stable so far, is very likely the most powerful vector graphics app on iPad, but the app doesn't feel fully cooked yet.
Great start but flawed
I would imagine all the 5 star reviews are from people who do not use the app in a professional environment. Why do I say that? Well, the pdf handling is poor at best. The importing of pdfs to work on is flakey, and exporting is even worse which often results in any any PDF’s imported being totally ignored and ending up with a blank export. It’s not an Adobe killer by far and anyone saying that is obviously not working in the deign industry. Whilst it’s a great iPad app for doing a bit of simple illustration it completely lacks the accuracy of Adobe Illustrator on the MacBook Pro. Yes, it’s a great start and a massively welcome addition to the iPad Pro, it’s lacking accuracy and it’s implementation of the pen tool is weak and unrealiable. Sometimes you just want to move a node slightly but 50% or more of the time it moves the handles instead. Placement of nodes is also a hit and miss affair. It also never remembers what stroke weight and colour you were previously using which is fundamental to design apps. I don’t want to be too harsh because this is by far the best offering so far on the graphic design front on iPad Pro but it’s still got a long way to go. This app is no Adobe killer and that’s coming from a deign professional.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. I've not been able to replicate the issue with a blank PDF being created on export. We are aware of the issue with the move tool and should see improvements to this. If you'd like to post on our Forums about the PDF issues with import/export it can be investigated by the support team: https://affin.co/forumQI
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 1.5 GB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 11.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.